For a Grandpa.....for Christmas....it's not too late

I don't know where else to post this, so if it should be moved.....or not allowed I am sure CM moderators will move it accordingly. I've posted this in another area as well.

A friend of mine just told mea few minutes ago, that she posted on Craigslist, asking people  if they would be kind enough to send her Father a Christmas card. That breaks my heart. She said he has already gotten 3 cards from the surrounding area from some nice people whom wrote something to cheer him up. 

I've known her Father and her family for over 35 years. ( We're 48 ) And it's tough to see her always worry about her father.

And her Father,  just a few years younger than my own Father with many health issues and going from being a very independent man,  to being partially incapacitated in a nursing home, paralyzed  on one side, dependent upon others now. All within a years time. 

It would mean alot to Mr. H, and my best friend, if  any of you could send a Christmas card out to her father. 

I realize it IS a short notice......but it is the thought that counts and a sweet gesture on your part to do...for a Grandfather! 

You can say it's from "Anita's friend on Cafe Mom" ...that's fine...or your screen name here. You don't have to put a return address......personally.....I wouldn't!!  For security reasons I definitely understand that.

So the screen name you use is perfect.....this way she can let me know too, and I can thank you.....or perhaps she will join Cafe Mom, when time allows to get on here to thank you herself.

Please......if you are able to......send Mr. H a card.

Here is the link to her posting on Craigs List : http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/vol/2096100399.html

LilyPondOasis

Asked by LilyPondOasis at 7:49 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• I'd love to. I'll have my kids draw him a picture too.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 7:58 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• My MIL lives in Orange park.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 8:03 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• There is a card from my family and I on the way to him.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 8:09 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Thanks SO much! I sent my friend a link to this page so she can see it, even without a Cafe Mom account she can view the replies.

I'm not too too far from OP myself.
    LilyPondOasis

Comment by LilyPondOasis (original poster) at 8:11 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• He would love that Orionsgirl!!! It would brighten up his day as well as his room. He has a much nicer roommate I heard. I hope to go see him Sunday. My friend is pretty sick at the moment and she shouldnt go cause of this cold she has, so I pray she is feeling much better by Sunday!

Thanks so much Sweetpea1217 and Orionsgirl!
    LilyPondOasis

Comment by LilyPondOasis (original poster) at 8:14 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I think I can do that! :D

My kids would love to help too.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:27 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• ive seen things like this before, and the cards ended up going to some random house and they had no idea what was going on and then the police got involved.. it was really messy...

so just double checking.. is this really ligit? & would this man find it strange to get cards for strangers? Or would he really love it...
    thanks (:
    mohme2three

Answer by mohme2three at 9:01 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I will try to send one tomorrow.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 10:44 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Holidays are great and if she finds is soothing for her and family, then don't worry.
    CAPONES

Answer by CAPONES at 2:53 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Yes this is legit!
    And YES! He would LOVE to receive cards! He has gotten a few from her posting on Craigslist and she said it just goes to show that some people have a caring heart to send some holiday cheer, even to a stranger such as her Dad. She just wanted to help make him feel more cared for and not so lonely.

He has had a rough year, and a rough 6 months as the attack on him was pretty recent.......he is getting back to his old self, but just does not want to get up and go like he used to.

You can google the address and it will show his address at Doctors Lake Healthcare in OP.

Mr. B. Hess
    C/O Doctors Lake Healthcare
    833 Kingsley Avenue
    ROOM 206
    Orange Park, FL 32073

Thanks to everyone whom said they will send a card to Mr. H. It really will cheer him up after all he has been through recently.

♥♥HUGS♥♥
    LilyPondOasis

Comment by LilyPondOasis (original poster) at 5:56 AM on Dec. 23, 2010