Paypal

How long does it take for payment to post on paypal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:03 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Money & Work

• I don't know the answer to your question, but did hear on the news last night that hackers were getting into the pay pal accts. So, just be careful hon and check that out with snopes, I didn't check it, but maybe it would be a good idea if you did.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 8:06 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• The payments I have received on PayPal have posted almost immediately when I have gotten them from buyers on eBay and someone who owed me money.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:10 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Depends, most of the time it shows up right away unless it's an echeck, then it can take a few days.
    luvmy4kidsinAL

Answer by luvmy4kidsinAL at 8:15 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Payments show almost immediately, but an echeck can take 10 to 14 days to clear.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:15 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• In my experience it takes 1 to 2 days.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 10:41 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I believe 24 hours!!
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 2:39 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• If you have a new account, they usually hold the money in trust for a while before they give it to you. This can be as long as 21 days. After you've had your account for a while, it usually goes in as soon as the other person pays you.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:22 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• When someone pays it shows up instantly in your account, unless they sent an echeck, in which case it won't show up until it clears (you usualy get an e-mail notifying you it cleared)! And yes if you are new to ebay and paypal, paypal will sometimes hold the money for 21 days, basicaly to make sure you under stand the process and buyers have received their items.

If you use your paypal funds to shop online you can use the funds once payment is made/cleared. If you have a premier or business account you can get a free debit card as well for immediate cash access to your paypal funds, otherwaise you have to transfer to the checking account on file which can take up to another 4 days to clear and be in your account
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:03 PM on Dec. 23, 2010