Do/did you freak out about growing older?

Why I ask this is because I am 23 and find myself freaking out about getting older. Is this normal? A couple of my friends are the sameway.

Some of it is physical but also it just really freaks me out just thinking about aging...

And BTW do woman suffer from midlife crisis?

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 8:20 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I did in my 20's for some reason....But I'm 46 now, and it doesn't bother me....I like my graying hair....I don't pick at my body so much, I'm easier on myself and more confident.....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 8:21 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• every one freaks out once in a while. I did when I turned 25! Yikes now that I am 47 I am living gloriously. I think every year is better.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:22 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• 40 really bothered me but 50 did not. My SIL says "consider the alternative"! I think both sexes go through a mid life crisis.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:22 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I think foot some women, it's normal. I'm not worried about it for vanity's sake. I'm trying to take care of my body so it will do me well in my older days. I don't want to live with pain as I age. I don't want to have all of the health issues my relatives deal with. That's my biggest concern. I'm not worried about sagging and wrinkles and all that. I'm more concerned with my knees and my heart and my blood sugar.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:23 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I am 24 and when I saw my first grey hair I quickly pulled it out and wanted to cry! I look at old pictures and wonder why I don't look that way anymore lol! It must have been the kids. I now have strech marks and my skin is different...heck everything is different! Although I am back to pre pregnancy weight I just don't feel like I look the same as I did. Totally normal I suppose :)
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 8:28 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Yes, when I was younger different things would bother me about aging. But now that I'm 47 they don't bother me that much anymore. You get used to it and you learn to deal with what really matter about your looks. I just try to focus on my posture (which is a daily challenge) and smile. I think a smile says to everyone that you are confident and accept yourself. My hopes/plans for my future are to be vibrant, active, and young at heart.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 8:47 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Yes, there were definitely some changes that occurred during my 40's. But I've learned to adjust and my perspective has changed too. It's all a part of life. : )
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 8:51 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• That's funny- b/c when I was YOUNG like YOU are- I worried about it too. I'm happy to say that for me, that has passed. I have come to accept it. I get guessed younger than I am- so I guess that helps a little. I dont look forward to really old age when you start to fall apart & lose your independence. But for now, I am embracing the fine lines & sprinkling of gray. I still dont like being called "ma'am" tho! If you really want to worrry about something, expend your worrying energy on hunger, homelessness, etc. Enjoy your 20's :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:02 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• The only time I freak out is when I pull out another grey hair.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:13 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Not really. I'm just taking it all in stride. The only thing that freaks me out is my mother died at 37 of colon cancer and I am 36. I get tested, but it still scares me.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:29 PM on Dec. 22, 2010