When is too soon to bring up marriage with your bf and how would you bring up marriage without actually "bringing it up"?

I mean I don't want to be the first to bring up marriage... Been together for about lil over a year now. So confused. HELPP.

1mommie19

Asked by 1mommie19 at 8:21 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• Try to get him to go halfsies on a game system or something you would both want. If he isn't willing to split a large purchase with you he isn't willing to split his life with you yet.
    Anonymous

• Well, it seems to me if he's not bringing it up and you don't want to be the first one to bring it up then maybe you two aren't ready for marriage. It takes a lot more maturity to be ready for that kind of commitment.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 8:29 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• the worst thing you could do is bring it up in the complete wrong way, and he could forever be turned off by it.. whats the best way? only YOU really know.. you know him and you know yourself!! Goodluck..dont overdue it though! There are little signs to look for.. has he ever said anything about oh we will name our kids this one day, or lets live in this city one day, i love it, or does he talk about future things?
    mohme2three

Answer by mohme2three at 8:58 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• You just have to slide it in there when he's not expecting it. You can always propose to him. I just did and now the planning begins. OMG I am way too old for this stuff. There is so much to plan!

Answer by admckenzie at 9:02 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• LOL at Anon
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 9:03 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Yes he has brought it up alot but kinda in a not serious way basically trying to see what I would say.
    1mommie19

Comment by 1mommie19 (original poster) at 9:09 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• if he brought it up and it didnt sound serious the truth is he is serious and is scared you will turn him down. Next time he brings it up go along with it and see what happens.
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 10:45 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• My husband told my mom when we were together for 2 weeks that he was going to marry me. I didn't agree. Here we are almost 7 years later.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:47 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Casually, talk about what you want in life and ask him the same.
    CAPONES

Answer by CAPONES at 2:51 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• purposly put on a wedding show and say o thats a pretty wedding and o her dress is pretty keep dropping hints if he says something start a conversation off of it and if he doesnt say anything - um try again in a few months :)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 4:47 AM on Dec. 23, 2010