Pinkeye? Really want to get rid of it before christmas!!!!

Please if anyone has any home remedies ect to get rid of pinkeye or at least thats what I think it is. Doc office is closed for christmas. I have some eye drops I have been using a cool compress over the infected eye and I have taken a antihistamine just in case it is an allergy. But please if you have any suggestions it would really really help!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Health

• My BFF swear that putting fresh but cool coffee grounds (in the filter still) on the eye a few times a day will cure it... I have never tried it though...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:35 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I dont know any home remedies as none of us has gotten it before but I would suggest just google it....they have many ideas online.
    Triscuit

Answer by Triscuit at 8:36 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I don't think there is a cure for pink eye besides a prescription. It is a bacteria that needs to be treated. Here is a link that may answer your questions better. I hope its allergies!! Do you have a walk in center somewhere?
    http://www.eyecaresource.com/conditions/pink-eye/
    elenalee

Answer by elenalee at 8:39 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• It is an infection - it needs antibiotic eye drops - go to an urgent care and get vigamox
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:39 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• neosporin opthamalic ointment. There should be a walk in clinic open tomorrow at least.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:40 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Go to a walkin clinic for an antibiotic drop...the only way to get rid of pink eye is with a prescription and pink eye is VERY contagious.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:47 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• My x swears by rubbing a gold ring on the area. It has to be real gold (not sure what ct)

Answer by admckenzie at 8:58 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I have some meds I got from the doc but still it won't go away. I know it is very contagious which is why I would really like to get over it so I can see my brother who is in town for christmas. He is in the army and we don't get to see him much.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:09 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I had pinkeye last summer. The prescription is NOT going to make any real big difference in how fast it heals. It will be 7 days WITH the drops and 8 days WITHOUT. It does NOT need to be treated with drops. I chose to NOT get the drops and it went away in about 5 days.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 9:12 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Just make sure everyone washes their hands A LOT!!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 9:14 PM on Dec. 22, 2010