Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Immigration question. Step kids.

If my step kids are in another country can we get them citizenship through me? My DH is not a citizen, but he has a greencard. He cannot apply for citizenship for 3 more years. He hasnt seen his kids for 8 years because until very recently, he was not permitted to travel.
Am I able to apply for their citizenship? How long does it take?


Asked by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in General Parenting

This question is closed.
Answers (2)
  • You would have to adopt them. Talk to a lawyer about how it works. GL :)

    Answer by Steph319 at 6:27 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

  • Talk to the Dept of immigration, they have the answers you need. Unless you legally adopt them they will have to apply for citizenship like everyone else and wait till the age of 18 to get it like other immigrants.


    Answer by vbruno at 7:02 PM on Nov. 9, 2008