im annoyed w/ my husband shutting down every name i like for our unborn child. how do i get him to get over himself?

he doesnt like anything. I havent found a name he likes yet other than his own. And he likes the name Eugene bcz thats his middle name. What is wrong w/ him? He's to the point where I have no desire to talk to him about anything w/ this baby bc he is so annoying w/ his stupid name and wont listen to anything i suggest.

how do i get him to stop being so negative and ruining things for me just because he wants to pass on his name? its not even a good name, and he was made fun of all through his high school for getting a tattoo of his middle name EUGENE on his back. why would I name my kid that? why would he want to when he got made fun of for it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:36 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• Why are you being so cruel. He is loving this child so much he wants to share his name with him. What an honor.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:39 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• im being "cruel" bcuz he wants to pick the first and middle name and doesnt want me to have any say in it. he already has it set in his head what the name is, and i absolutely hate it, as well as so does everyone else in both our families. including his mother, who named him that.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:42 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• LOL- Alot of expecting parents go thru this. You may want to tell him that Jr's & 2nds, 3rds, etc have a lot of confussion & sometimes legal issues b/c they will mix them up all the time. I you dont want to call your little guy "Little Eugene" his whole life. It's fine til he hits about 12 y/o, but then not so much. Personally, since you are carrying this baby & going thru all the real hard work to bring the baby into this world, I say you get the deciding vote on the name. Maybe use a family name as a middle name to appease him. Good luck
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:42 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Reread your question. You will see how cruel you are being. It is his child and you are treating him like crap.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:44 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• thts just the thing. he wont even settle for picking the middle name, and simply AGREEing to a first name. he's been such a jerk about it!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:44 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Wow! Talk about needing to get over one's self. This child of both of you. The both of you need to chill and discuss it like adults, not petulant children.

No, Eugene is not my favorite name. It was, however, the name of one the kindest, sweet men I knew. He was blessed with amazing business sense and had a best friend any and everywhere he went. He was my grandfather. Because my DH didn't like the name Eugene, even for a middle name, we gave DS1 grandpa's chosen last name as his middle name.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:46 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• tootoo when you have dealt w/ him the last 3 months and how mean he has been about the name thing, you would see how sweet I am being about it all. but since that wont be happening, I dont think you fully can understand our situation. no one should be forced to name their child something they really dislike bc "husband says so", esp something that she knows he will get made fun of for, not to mention the initials of his name would be BJ which is very known to be a perverted thing.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:47 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Tell him that at the end of the pregnancy, you're the one who fills out the birth certificate info and unless he wants to learn to compromise on a name, you'll name the baby whatever you want.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 8:48 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Why are you anonymous?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:51 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Well, since you are changing the subject to my question, lol, Im anonymous because my step daughters mama is on here, and constantly follows me and anything I post under my name, So most of my things I do as private just so she cant bother me in the future. Id be more than happy to tell you my name, not like that even is of any significance.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:54 PM on Dec. 22, 2010