Firewood.

This is our first time ever having a fire place. We've been buying boxes of firewood from Wal-mart. However, that wood seems to be burning sooo fast. We've looked on Craigslist for firewood. Here is my question. What ype of wood should we be looking for?

DancerMomof2

Asked by DancerMomof2 at 8:49 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think my Hubby buys our wood from Home Depot. But he gets Duraflame.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 8:51 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• When I get wood from a person I want to hear it is seasoned. All this means it that it is dry and ready to burn. NOt been sittin gin the weather and half rotten or cut yesterday so it's to 'green' to burn well.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:58 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• If you want it to burn longer, then you need to get hardwoods, not softwoods, and the wood needs to be well-seasoned. Also, if you keep buying it in little bits, it's going to cost a fortune & you'll go through it really fast. Have you considered buying a half or whole cord of wood instead? Sure, you have to stack it all, but it's much nicer to just walk out the door for your wood than to have to keep driving to go buy it somewhere.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:01 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Free wood! LOL
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 10:43 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Hardwood.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:43 PM on Dec. 23, 2010