Do You Drive Around the Neighborhood to look at Lights?

christmas tree

SavageGrl

Asked by SavageGrl at 8:49 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Holidays

• Yes
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 8:50 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• yep, we do it every year. When DS was a baby baby driving would put him to sleep so we'd drive around look at lights and wait for him to pass out and every year we just kept doing it. He loves it now!
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 8:51 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Yes. My husband says our neighborhood has Christmas lights competition. So It's always nice to see everyone elses lights.
    DancerMomof2

Answer by DancerMomof2 at 8:52 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I do but many of my neighbors have their houses professionally decorated and we are just regular folks. Ours is okay but theirs are elegant and perfect.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:52 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• No one in my family is interested in it so I just walk around the block in the evenings and look at the lights that way.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 8:53 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Yes, my kids love seeing all the lights!
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 8:56 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Yes. We like to see what our neighbors have done. Our house is more simple. We are probably one of the few who did't hire someone to climb our trees to decorate them.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 8:56 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Yes, it's a tradition that my parents started when I was born. We'd drive all over town looking at the decorations on the night of the 23rd. Now my DF & I take our DD out to see them, just like when I was little. We have also kept other traditions- we still gather with my dad's side of the family for a big dinner on Christmas Eve, & we all go to the church service together.

KA91

Answer by KA91 at 9:09 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Yes! The kids love it! We live in a town that REALLY "decks the halls!" :o) We're expecting a big snowstorm on Sunday/Monday, so it'll be fun to take a walk at night and look at all of the pretty lights against the snow.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:14 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Yes we did already! we love looking at the lights.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 9:16 PM on Dec. 22, 2010