A black eye right before pictures?! Really?!

Agh! My 19 y/o went to a concert 2 days before we were to get professional portraits done & got a black eye in the mosh pit! It's like when he was 2 y/o all over again w/ the permanent bruise on his forehead from falling all the time! -LOL I think he did it to look cool! Thank God for make up! Any of you have picture mishaps?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 9:32 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• Right before my wedding, my 4 year old had 4 stitches across his eyebrow, my youngest son fell on a skateboard right before his 1st day of kindergarten (wasn't actually riding it, was just sitting on it) anyway, he scraped his face right under his nose and the scab looked like a hitler moustache in the pictures.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:30 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I have a 4 year old, every year he gets a birthday pic and every year he has some scape or boo boo somewhere.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 9:45 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Get some yellow make up/ concealer, stage make up if you can get it. I didn't have pictures to do but I got a beautiful shines right before a big formal event in college, and the yellow is really good at cancelling out the purple bruise esp with a little foundation over it. Assuming of course that he would go along with it.
    cedailey

Answer by cedailey at 9:52 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Yes an "retouch" is a wonderful thing. My son was so stressed out before finals that he had deep purple circles under his eyes. He was due to have pictures taken for an award ceremony. I was appalled they took his pic like that. When they came out they were gorgeous. :)
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:37 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Christmas pictures this year!!! DD, was picking her nose in EVERY picture. *sigh* the memories!
    MommmaTara

Answer by MommmaTara at 10:39 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Hahahha....this reminds me of my cheerleading picture from when I was like 7. My sister got one of those skinny round brushes stuck in my hair, right in the front middle where bangs would be. (curly hair--she should've know better than to use that brush). Anyway, my mom was LIVID! I had the biggest comb over ever!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:40 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• When I was 5 I gave my sister a haircut. I chopped off her bangs right up to the scalp. She was 3. LMAO!! I still think it was hilarious although my mom doesn't.

The next year SHE decided to cut my sister's hair for pictures. Yeah she didn't do much better, she cut my sisters EAR!! Then she turns to cut my hair....HELL NO!! lol
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 2:14 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I had a blood vessel burst in my eye right before school photos one year.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:13 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• my sons first christmas pictures he sneezed right as the girl snapped the picture....it was so funny....then the next picture was directly after that little mishap,he sneezed again but boogers were everywhere.....so gross......so i cleaned him up and we started over again....
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 3:11 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• step son got one before his mom did family pictures, got it in a fight at school he was proud of it and flaunted it on facebook as his profile pic....
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 8:39 PM on Dec. 24, 2010