Has anyone ever tried an extreme diet and kept the weight off?

How much did you lose? I have friends doing hcg and losing 50plus pounds in three months. There is also fasting, ect. What did you try?

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 10:04 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• What would be an extreme diet? Let me know.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 10:11 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Never mind it does not look healthy. I looked up hcg ad it talks of loosing 1-2 pound a day. Just go for walks and such, I know it is hard but I took of 50 pounds in three months from walking and not eating out at ast food or any restaraunt at all. I cleaned house when I got bored.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 10:14 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I looked intp HCG and it confuses me as to how they keep it off. It can make you feel sick which is fine and dandy if your home and and can rest but what about us with kids and people who have to work???LOL
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 10:16 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I personally don't believe that "extreme" diets are healthy. Stop eating crap, get moving and the weight comes off naturally.
    booksandhooks

Answer by booksandhooks at 10:17 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Yeah but books when you have ALOT of weight to loose it's soooo easy to get discouraged when you're only loosing 4-8 pounds a month. I've been doing that for over a year and I've only taken off 25 pounds. I'm sick of how hard I work only to have it thrown in my face and no I don't feel any better than I did a year ago.
    I tried hcg and lost about 5 pounds in 3 days but I just don't have that much will power. There's a huge difference between 1200 calories and 500! lol Although my aunt did adkins and lost 100 plus pounds. She kept it off for almost 3 yrs. (And abusive relationship is what helped her put it back on.)
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 10:24 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• 700 calories a day and protien and vitaman supplements, lost 30 pounds in 3 months, haven't gained anything in over a year.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 10:29 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Wow dragonflies, thanks. Good for you!
    JackieGirl007

Comment by JackieGirl007 (original poster) at 10:53 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I don't know  what an extreme diet is, I have lost 30 lbs in 16 weeks.    singingbakingdancingsleepninjabunch of roses

brieri

Answer by brieri at 2:42 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• nope
    san78

Answer by san78 at 12:20 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Nope, but there's a good chance you'll lose your gall bladder in the process, so at least that's a quarter lb you'll lose permanently.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:56 PM on Dec. 25, 2010