child support

How many mom's out there that receive child support think that at x-mas time that the absent parent should have to pay a lil more for the kids to have a good x-mas?As a parent of a child that get's child support i think the absent parent should pay more around this time of year.What do yall think?

carisa368

Asked by carisa368 at 10:07 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Money & Work

• I don't get child support. But that only sounds fair to me. The money if for food, clothes, school etc. Right. It sounds fair to get an extra amount for each child. All their Christmas shouldn't be on one parent.
    Anonymous

• I don't. My pay doesn't go up during Christmas, neither does his. I've had all year to plan for what I am getting DD, as he has...

I don't think it should go up during any holiday and my ex hasn't been around since before DD was even born.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 10:10 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• No. I get support, holidays have nothing to do with how much he pays. If I want my child to get more for the holidays I budget accordingly. It's about what he and I make and not what my child "deserves to get from him." That's just BS.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:10 PM on Dec. 22, 2010