how do u stay hydrated

this just started! but im always so thirsty!! i went thru milk cartons of water and is STILL thirsty! then when im hydrated i go to the bathroom to pee it out im thirsty once again! ugh!! n i really don't want to get bundled up just to go get candy! ugh :(

savanah520

Asked by savanah520 at 10:08 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sorry Sweetie.. I don't know what to tell you. I had to make an effort to drink because I am not very good at staying hydrated. How much salt are you taking in? Maybe you need to avoid salty snacks?
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 10:10 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• its all part of the joys of pregnancy! staying hydrated is necessary for you an baby so you have to keep drinking! apple juice works really well to quench my thirst. milk and sodas (soda you should avoid anyway) dosnt really thirst quench that good so water and fruit juices are the best. i find that mouth is dry ALOT so i make sure to always have popsicles and frozen fruit bars on hand. and like jambo4 said, try limiting alot of salty snacks...good luck!
    dez1379

Answer by dez1379 at 10:16 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• have you gotten tested for diabetes yet? It can randomly come up during pregnancy and this sounds like it. do you find yourself light headed a lot when you stand? If you don't have it, have you tried drinking aloe juice? That may help.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 10:16 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• thanks.. im on a diet so not much! the only salt take in is the natural salt in foods!
    savanah520

Comment by savanah520 (original poster) at 10:16 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• they wont do a diabetes test until they do the test for down syndrome... n everyone keeps telling me i do have it since i have all the symptoms
    savanah520

Comment by savanah520 (original poster) at 10:18 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Avoid salty foods. That sounds like you are taking in too much salt. Just read all labels....keep the total daily sodium intake to under 1200 mg a day. And drink water.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:00 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• i know the feeling. worse part is at night right lol.. just sleep with alot of water next to your bed
    Meghan6391

Answer by Meghan6391 at 11:59 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I would call your doctor and tell them. Unsatisfied thirst is a major flag for diabetes. Why won't they test you now? I would ask again and maybe even call for a second opinion. Good luck.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:16 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• hmmm talk to your doctor about that!
    courtneycra

Answer by courtneycra at 11:18 AM on Dec. 23, 2010