how to i let go of a abusive boyfriend

i was in this relationship for about a year and a half and now its starting to get really abusive and about six months i had three black eyes a busted lip been choked kick thrown in the bushes and im really starting to hate him i dont wanna c him hurt nor in jail i just wanna let him go how do i do it cause im so addidcted to him hes like my drug so i do get cured from this without hurting so much

heretogrow

Asked by heretogrow at 6:27 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Relationships

• You need to leave. You also really need to see a therapist. I have been in your situation before and I know exactly what you're going through. Msg me if you need to talk
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:31 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• You need to watch the music video "Love is Blind" by Eve. Maybe it'll help you come to your senses.... I'll pray that you find a way out. ♥
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 6:32 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• You HAVE to leave. You need to love youself enough to let this go. Unless you want to end up dead. Is that what you want? You have already stayed waaaay too long. GO.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 6:34 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• National Domestic Violence Hotline
    1-800-799-SAFE (7233)

Call this number to help you get OUT and away from this guy before he beats you to death!

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:58 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• it sounds to me like you are getting the courageto go....you have to have enif before you leave trust me I know been they're done that i will pray tonight that you see the light......good luck ...please go..

Anonymous

• you have to belive in your heart that you dont deserve that. he will never change, and coming from someone who has been there (but years ago) you will hurt when you leave him, you will miss him, buit that will be something you will look back on and laugh. If you ont leave, it could end with your life. GET OUT.

lucky7jules

Answer by lucky7jules at 7:12 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I understand you love him but you need to have him arrested, then you can leave him and get the help you need. It will never get better and if you continue to stay with him you could very well end up dead.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 7:27 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• u need to call the cops he needs to go to jail you need to do that! u dont deserve that beatings!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 7:54 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• oh my God sweetie you have to get out of there! The next time he gets a hold of you , you may not make it alive! Who cares if he goes to jail maybe in there he will get the help he needs. Please Please for your own saftey YOU need to go. There are plenty of people ot there who will help you. Ill be praying for you.
    mrs.knopp

Answer by mrs.knopp at 8:20 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I don't see anyone telling you to stay, and I won't either. I assume you're a mother since you're on this site. Think of your children. Do you want them to see you like this? Do you want them to grow up thinking that behaviour like this is acceptable? More importantly, do you want them to grow up WITHOUT a mother? I know that's harsh, but it's a possibility. Get out while your kids still have a mother. I know you love them. Help is out there. You just have to reach out for it.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 8:31 PM on Nov. 9, 2008