My son isn't even interested in Potty Training... What can I do?

My son, Doesn't even like sitting on the potty. He doesn't want to have anything to do with it.
What did you do to get your child started?

My Daughter was 14 months when she was potty trained. And My son, Is now 2.5!

This is all new for me...

HELLLP

MommmaTara

Asked by MommmaTara at 10:35 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We would take poopy diapers and together roll he poop into the tiolet and say "bye bye poopy" and let him flush. This got him interesed in doing it for real after awhile. Boys take longer to potty train anyways.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 10:36 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Thats a really good idea. Maybe I'll try that. Thanks!!! : ]
    MommmaTara

Comment by MommmaTara (original poster) at 10:37 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• People keep telling me all kids do it in their own time. i feel horrible my kid who is 3 STILL is not potty trained. She has no interest and ive tried everything.
    VERONICAS_MOM

Answer by VERONICAS_MOM at 10:38 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• well first of all i really wouldn't worry too much. i mean i can pretty much promise that he will not go to kindergarten n a diaper...lol. Boys are harder than girls in my opinion. couple tips are maybe let him potty on a cherrio or froot loop so he can aim at it and sink it! Also maybe give him a m&m or another piece of motivation every time he pottys. A sticker chart maybe. Also keep in mind if he is a tad bit stubborn or even embarrassed the bigger deal yopu make of it the more he will resist! GL!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 10:40 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Thanks ladies. I love these suggestions!
    MommmaTara

Comment by MommmaTara (original poster) at 10:50 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• My daughter was good to go at 1 1/2. My son....3 1/2!! Just give him time, back off a bit and he will come around. Reward , Reward, Reward him if he tries!! Good luck!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:56 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Every kid is different specially boys, they said boys takes longer then girls just b pacient and don't give up eventually they will learn
    May787

Answer by May787 at 11:32 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• my son was 1 month before turning 3 he is going to be 4 in march. he wore the learning design pull ups for about 4 months before he started to go on the potty and then i would put him in undies with plastic pants. dd is 2 yrs old and she isnt interested at all so we have started putting her in the learning design pull ups and the undies with plastic pants
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 3:13 PM on Dec. 23, 2010