5 year old having bad dreams.....

She is waking up saying she is having bad dreams. They are usually about ghosts or snakes. Usually she will go back to sleep but last night she was upset and wanted me to sleep with her. I put her in our bed which is something we have never done unless she is sick. I don't want to start this but does anyone else's little ones have bad dreams alot?

saysmom

Asked by saysmom at 10:35 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• it could be the cartoons she is watching. Some kids say this for attention also.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 10:37 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I am particular about which cartoons she watches. I don't let her watch spongebob or anything on the cartoon network. It is mainly curious George, max & Ruby and super why. So I did winder if she is waking in the night and just saying she is having bad dreams! I don't want to leave her if she is truly scared but don't want to start a bad habit either!
    saysmom

Comment by saysmom (original poster) at 10:40 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• my 4 yr old has bad dreams at least 2 times a week.....usually about something taking him from me.....and i talked to a dream decoder that my aunt called for me and he said that the person/people/monster that takes him from me in his nightmares is because of his father.....so that scared me.....im trying to find a dream catcher for him.....
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 3:05 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• ok i was a child that had those kinds of dreams so i knew my kids could also. my son is very close to the sprit world. so every 3 to 4 months i have to take a white candle and light it in the kids rooms and say sprit good or bad  go to the white light. leave these children alone. it works because ds sleeps alot better for  a few months. when a dear friend passed away she came to him in a dream he woke up crying ann ann no go bye bye. she came to say good bye to him. and recently it was my grandma who passed. i know it was both women because i had him describe them to me

knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 3:09 PM on Dec. 23, 2010