I need some good ideas on how to give this gift.

I got my hubby a flat screen tv. It is a 32 inch so I can wrap it. I want to give it to him in a cute and funny way. I don't want him to even suspect it could be a tv by giving it to him in a wrong way. I really need to throw him off. We had a robbery awhile back and all his electronics were taken so he really deserves something special. Any ideas on how I can do this and still not give away it's something big like a tv?

anxious1stimer

Asked by anxious1stimer at 10:39 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Holidays

• How about just setting it up and than acting like nothing has changed and see how long it takes him to notice it :-)
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 10:42 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• This would be difficult, but kind of going along with hotrod's idea... Can you set up a sort of treasure hunt for it with clues? Have the clues lead far away from wherever it is supposed to be set up, while he's off searching for clues, set it up, and make sure the last clue leads back to it.
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 10:49 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• that sounds cute. may be hard to pull off. i should have mentioned I have a 2.5 year old and a 4 month old! lol. what about wrapping up the tv and acting like it's one of the kids gifts and say opps santa must have made a mistake. lol
    anxious1stimer

Comment by anxious1stimer (original poster) at 10:52 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Could you maybe wrap the remote and when he opens it take him to another room where it will be sitting. When he opens it he'd be confused. My mom did that sorta thing to me by wrapping a watch I really wanted but she put it in a tampons box.When I opened it I was like thanks mom just what I wanted for christmas some personal stuff. I didn't find out it was a watch until my step dad asked if I got what I wanted and I said yes more than I wanted but not my watch. Mom forgot she put it in that box. Its a joke now that I would have found a nice surprise when my next period came lol.
    preciouschild

Answer by preciouschild at 11:15 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• put it in the car and tell him you left your purse out there(with your camera that you can't live without), he will find it there
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:15 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• id do a scavanger hunt. each clue leads him to the next til he finds it in the garage or attic or smtg lol
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 11:41 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I'd do the remote wrapped idea or the tv in a odd shaped box with tv inside that box and....act like its for th e2 yr old from a relative like granma,.......
    kingkongsmom

Answer by kingkongsmom at 1:06 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Hide it behind something and tell him that you thought you saw a mouse in your house. That way when he starts looking, he will find it.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:09 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Boxes in boxes is fun. Or go get a box for something random to switch it to then put a DIFFERENT gift like jeans or something in the tv box as just a box you picked up. So when he finds the TV kill really throw him off. Or just ditch the tv box all together.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 2:50 AM on Dec. 23, 2010