does Your hubby?

when you and your hubby argue does he use words like you "always" or its "never" ?? things that make it sound like he views your entire relationship as the bad parts??? i would love for my hubby to stop saying this stuff...

we have been going through a really hard time over the past year.. i was a total B durin my pregnancy and i admit it. but i have been back to my old self after i had our son.. but he is sooooo grumpy when he wakes up and he acts like he is depressed.. i have been trying to be even more like myself so he will ease up and go back to himself.. but it seems like a loooong journey ahead of us..

I just want to stop hearing the "always" and the "nevers" and the "for a long times" .. i want him to realize the good through the bad..

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 10:43 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes mine does when he is mad but when he is happy he uses the same words to describe me positivly. How old is your son? If you were grumpy for 9 months expect it to take at least as long for him to see you in a different light. Remember it takes ten positive statements to make up for one negative one. Hang in there, the first year after a childs birth is hard anyways.
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 10:45 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Mine refuses to argue. He will give me the silent treatment for hours...sometimes days.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 10:46 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Same as Ashisamom, my DH refuses to argue. He will give me the silent treatment for DAYS rather than argue with me. He will tell me things after he is calm and when he can say it with respect and in the best way possible. Lol. Sometimes I get really frustrated though. Lol.
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 11:05 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• When he says "always, never, etc..." is he pointing the finger at you? Because if so he isn't taking his part of the responsability of whatever your discussing. If this is the case, when it starts up again go get a mirror and hold it up in front of his face. The finger is NEVER pointed in one direction only.
    DansBabe

Answer by DansBabe at 11:34 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• YEP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT IS ALWAYS "YOUR FAULT"

EVEN, IF HE FARTS WRONG ??????
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 2:20 AM on Dec. 23, 2010