Have you ever came home and found out that your house had been burglarized?

If so please share your story. Also, did you realize that the burglars missed something very valuable to you? I had this happen to me. They stole everything important to us and it still upsets me now (happened last April). I came home 7 months pregnant with my toddler and found our house ransacked. The only thing that makes me smile a little is they missed my good jewelry. I had it in my bathroom in something they walked right past.

anxious1stimer

Asked by anxious1stimer at 10:45 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes, when I was pregnant with my son. My mom and I came home and found a lot of things missing and then we saw that someone had pulled our window A/C out and that's how they got in. We were in the middle of packing so the house was already a mess and we didn't notice until I saw the living room TV was gone. We found out who it was (a local druggie who was friends with my mom because she was a meth addict) and my dad almost killed him. We got back some of our things, but not a lot. They didn't get any personal items (Thank God) just odds and ends. It sucked but we got over it. We were evicted from that apt and lost everything besides the important things anyway. I hope it never happens again though. It was scary to see how fast someone can break in and rob you blind!
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 10:54 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• That's awful.I haven't been burglarized but my mil garage got burglarized though. She had over $10,000 worth of items that was stole from her. She didn't have her garage insured either. My mil was saving stuff there, bc she was going to open up a shop. She figures that it had to be the tenantswho were renting the place that she had stuff stored and somebody decided that they would take it all.  It took her a long time to bounce back from that episode.

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 10:56 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Our house wasn't burglarized. But right after my MIL passed away in June, we put her stuff into storage out at our ranch. Thieves got in and went through it all and stole the good stuff to fence or sell at one of the local Sat.-Sun. auctions. Just made us sick since we had just lost her and now so many memories too. Fortunately, they didn't have a use for the photo albums and scrapbooks she had been making and keeping over the years.
    ChezBelle

Answer by ChezBelle at 11:13 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• We came home from our vacation once, to find that we had been burglarized.  They also missed my jewelry because for some reason I didn't feel comfortable just leaving it on my dresser, so my dh hid it. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:17 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• YES! My front door was kicked open. Luckily nothing was taken because I had a dog who scared them away. And thankfully my dog didn't run away either.
    WARNING

Answer by WARNING at 12:12 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Yes after my husband died. The kids and I walked in the house and my dd said mom what happened to the tv and I'm like what? What are you talking about? I walk in and I'm like what, where is the tv? GONE, along with my safe, jewelry and all of my important papers. So far they haven't got a clue who did it. The homeowners insurance my 1st husband and I took out in our early 20s wasn't worth a crap. It didn't even come close to covering the cost of the things I lost.

Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 9:17 AM on Dec. 23, 2010