People irritate the hell out of me!

In the last two days I've had customers complain about our country and the Obama Adm. because of the Health care coverage and how much they're spending on meds. They're U.S. citizens born and raised here, and one is moving to Canada and the other to Malaysia! Free country, leave! I'm just tired of hearing the bashing, anyone else hear alot of threats of our own citizens moving to another country?

Kathy675

Asked by Kathy675 at 10:47 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Kathy, I agree with you, except that I wanted Obama ~ and everything he was selling ~ far less than I had misgivings about McCain/Palin. As a military mom/retired AF spouse, I thank you for your service.

I respect the presidency, but not Obama. He hasn't done squat to earn my respect; he started off by lying to gain an office he is so underqualified for, and has managed to dig himself in deeper ever since as far as I'm concerned. I don't like war, but I did trust Bush to not screw over our troops, and he never left them hanging the way Obama has. He's been there for them since ~ when Obama couldn't be bothered.

Aside from that, Bush is no longer in office. He didn't start the war, terrorists did. We have a duty and a right to defend ourselves. The impact from the HC bill is only beginning to be understood, and it WILL directly affect every single citizen. cont.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 5:30 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• . That is usually just the ravings of an old,grouchy gray haired man who is retired and has nothing else to do, or a wingnut.

Like Alec Baldwin? Eddie Vedder? Johnny Depp? Robert Altman?? Ya. those damn wingnuts.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:31 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I'd be pissed off too if I arrived at old age after working my butt off my whole life, just to find out that all of the retirement money that was supposed to be put away for me was actually given to other people, and now there isn't enough left for me to live on. I think Americans should be given a choice: Option #1 Have the SSA take money from your check, just like they do now, and let it go into the communal pool, just like it does now...and hope you have some coming to you in the future. Option #2: The SSA does not take money from your check, that way you can put that amount into a private savings account, and you KNOW the money will be there when you retire, because the government isn't dipping into it.
    Just my humble opinion...for what it's worth.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 11:00 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Nope, just the opposite. I hear about people SNEAKING into our GREAT country. Shhh............

shh

SavageGrl

Answer by SavageGrl at 9:53 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• i just got a list in the mail today of all the things that aren't covered by my FSA as of January 1rst. Guess what isn't covered? My asthma medicine. Thank God I've stepped down off the beta blockers and am now just on an occasional puff of the rescue inhaler, but this same time last year, that little tidbit could have easily broken us.

The note with it said it was directly due to the new health care reform bill. I think I'll send Obama roses.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:12 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• So sorry, lovin! I think many of us are in for some nasty surprises, as of Jan 1...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 11:18 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Nope, but I can think of a few people I would like to send to other countries...
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 3:00 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Has anyone actually read the health-care bill? It is trying to control the cost of medication by limiting the Drug industry. The right wing Wachos are saning it is unconstitutional and Government should not interfere with free enterprise.

Most of us right wing "wacho's" have read it. Of course us "wacho's" are proving to be right. I would guess you left wing droolers, such as yourself, probably had to much trouble with the big words in the bill.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:56 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Like it or not OP, I think you can expect to hear a lot more of those complaints. I agree with Sister that the holidays tend to create stress for many people. Some of that is self regulating and would diminish if the expectations of Christmas were more in keeping with what Christmas is all about ~ instead of the orgy of spending it has become. For now, it is what it is.

I doubt it will get better after the holidays, in fact I expect it to get worse. Right now most people are blaming Obama but I wouldn't be surprised (given how polarized the country is) to see that blame shift to those who enabled him to create the hardships that many are going to have to deal with.

Those of you who bring up the war ~ bottom line is that only military members/families have had to deal with that. What Obama has done is going to fall on everyone, including those who supported him. Those who didn't aren't unhappy, they are livid.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 9:24 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• The majority didn't support Obamas particular form of HC reform so expect to hear a whole lot more of the same pissing and moaning OP.

Imagine that lovin some acted as if the govy never denies any needed medications we tried to tell them better :shrugs:
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:53 AM on Dec. 23, 2010