My sister didn't invite me to Christmas dinner?

I don't know what i could have done to her. My son was spending the night at my moms house and I heard from him that my sister Kathy had invited my mom to christmas eve dinner. However, she asked mom not to tell me because she didn't want me to come. We usually get along great and i haven't seen her in a long time so I don't know what I should do or how to approach it. Should i just let it go and say nothing?

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Holidays

• I don't know. I'd be tempted to say something next time I see her. "Hi how ya doing? How was that great party at your house on Christmas that I wasn't invited to?"

• Let her go it hurts but maybe you can call her on Christmas or on new years eve and ask? GL Momma

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:54 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I would call her and invite her to dinner at your place.... see what she says.

Answer by RachWell at 10:54 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I wouldn't let it go. Be honest with her. Let her know you know about the dinner, and that she specifically left you out; and that you don't understand why.

Be prepared to hear something you may not expect.

Maybe she misunderstood something that happened in the past, that you can clear up. Maybe something you did not intend to be hurtful upset her. If she is willing to be honest and explain her action, try not to REACT with anger.

I hope you are able to work this out amicably. :-)

Answer by ss_mom at 10:57 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I would call and talk to her. Christmas is a really bad time to be mad at family.

Answer by preciouschild at 11:08 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Maybe I am alone in this, but its her sister's dinner. If she didnt want you there, its her choice. If you really need to know why, call her. But personally, I would just let it go. Its not worth the trouble of drumming up the problems that caused her not to invite you...

Answer by Mme.Langley at 11:11 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• If it was any other day, I would say let it go. But since it's CHRISTMAS, and Christmas is supposed to be about family..., and she specifically told people not to tell you...I would absolutely call her out. And do me a favor...when you call her, tell her I said, "Merry Christmas".

Answer by DMac08 at 11:21 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I would ask her what was up.

Answer by bseastrand at 11:39 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Maybe she doesn't have enough chairs/spoons/food for another body?

Answer by lovinangels at 11:39 PM on Dec. 22, 2010