how can i let my 3 y.o son poop in the potty?

we've just started potty training him recently. i wont let him wear diaper the whole day long. peeing is not a problem he did it good but...if he wants to poop he doesnt want to sit on the potty. he gonna hold it, he havnt even poop for the past 2 days....any ideas how can i handle it would be great!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Maybe if you reward him with a piece of candy like a Hershey's Kiss he will feel more motivated.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 10:57 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• hi, thanks..we already tried it but still doesnt works...i handed him stickers and read a book as well
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:01 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Catch him when he's about to go and plop him on the toilet. Once he's there, grab a book and read it to him. Eventually he'll go in the toilet. When he does (and it may take a few times before he does), make a huge deal out of. "OMG YOU POOPED IN THE POTTY OH BOY HAPPY DANCE HAPPY DANCE YAYYYYYYY!!!!" or whatever you want to say. Then you can reward him with a candy if that's what you do.

My son used to "shudder" right before he needed to go. The hardest part was getting the timing right and not getting him on the toilet too early or too late.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 8:28 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• We had a horrible time with Ela pooping in the potty. The above answer about says it all, but they won't do it till they're ready. Ela is 4, and she still won't poop anywhere except her own potty, not even at her grandmothers.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 10:25 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• WE had some problems with this. I would notice when he had to go and make him sit on the potty. I would then sit with him and we would play. I would reward him with something small just for sitting. My son eventually came around and was comfortable doing it.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 4:51 PM on Dec. 23, 2010