baby bottles....

just wondering, i'd like to start buying the necessary items for baby to be-when it comes to bottles, is there a certain shape or brand that is better or does it really matter at all as long as you hold the baby right? i know some of you are going to say to breastfeed but as there is no father in the picture and my job only allows 8 weeks maternity leave, i will be returning to work fairly quickly and have a friend who is going to watch the baby-and yes i know i can pump which would be nice but i will have a newborn and a sick elderly father whom i live with to take care of so it will just be easier to bottle feed so anyone with any bottle opinions? thanks!

dez1379

Asked by dez1379 at 10:57 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I tried the Playtex Premium bottles with the little drop in bags, but got tired of them because the liner things get expensive and you have to wash them just like a regular bottle so they don't save any time. I ended up using just regular Paren'ts Choice bottle from Wal-Mart. $3.50 for 3 bottles. Even if you lose them it's no big deal.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 11:07 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I used the Playtex drop-ins. You don't have to wash the liners unless you reuse them. The bottle is a quick wash as it is open on both ends and even the nipples are easier, because they are wider. You can buy refills at Target with the target brand and they are much cheaper...a box of 100 lasts for a few weeks. I thought the drops in saved me lots of time. You can even just reuse the same bottle over and over if you have several nipples, because the bottle itself never touches the formula...just the bag and the nipple. I only had 3 bottles and I never needed more.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:15 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• My cousin said that the bottles that have the drop in are good. I think any of that kind will do. I hope you the best, sister.
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 12:08 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I used Avent bottles with both my kids.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 8:37 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• My son has Avent bottles. He's never had any problems with them. They're easy to handwash, too (if you don't have a dishwasher) because the top is so wide.
    Vix920

Answer by Vix920 at 5:18 PM on Dec. 23, 2010