I woke up fat today! HELP

I have been rapidly gaining weight. NOT pregnant, just can't stop eating. What do I do. I went from 140 to 151 in a few weeks.

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 10:58 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Health

• Get your thyroid checked
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 10:59 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• do you excercise?
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 11:03 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• First, make an inventory of what you're eating. Sometimes if we're busy or zoned out when we're eating, we eat a lot more than we realize! Plus I think a lot of us are gaining weight because with it being so cold outside, our activity level has gone to a screeching halt! Once you see what your caloric intake is you can then figure out how much you need to cut back. I would suggest not taking anything out of your diet. Don't say, "I'm not eating sugar again," or cut out meat or anything crazy like that. Just cut back a little bit on portions and only eat sweets every once in a while. That's hard to do during the holidays though! If you like exercise but are stuck inside because of the cold, could you join a gym and work out or swim or walk with a friend? Good luck. I know it's hard, especially this time of year. I don't think 151 is that bad?
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 11:03 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• what I wouldn't give to be 151...sigh...

carol2m2 is right though- this time of year is notorious for adding the lbs.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:13 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• @charlotsometimes......I totally know what you mean...lol I wish!

To OP....has anything happened that may have triggered some emotional eating?
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 11:15 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I agree with keeping track of EVERYTHING you eat. Every little thing you eat or drink...including how much water you take in. Sometimes it's surprising how many extra calories you take in when you're not watching it. If you are keeping that under control and still gaining, it's time for the doctor.
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 11:30 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• so what real going on that your not tell us
    yes we all have are pig out moments even i love food that i don't let myself have
    so if your depress or stress out that will do or you could be prego i would have that checked out
    but i would go see your doctor just in case and good luck
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 12:17 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Go ahead and eat. Just not processed foods. Pig out on fresh veggies: carrots, celery, cauliflower, broccoli, cucumbers. Rid your house of processed junk food.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:54 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Get your thyroid checked & talk to a dr.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:49 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• have you started on a new birth control, that can cause weight gain.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 11:47 AM on Dec. 23, 2010