How do you deal with depression and sadness....especially when you have no one to talk to who will understand?

I feel as though I am standing in front of a massive brick wall that cannot be overtaken. My close friends all seem to have flawless relationships...yes, I realize how unrealistic that is...and don't seem to grasp the idea that there are conflicts in my life and I don't know how to cope. I love my DH dearly, but sometimes I feel as though that love is one sided and not given back to me much at all. I feel as though I am merely a choice and a convenience, whereas I make him and my children my priority each and every day.
Perhaps I am just feeling a bit sorry for myself....but I can't seem to get through a day without feeling angy, hurt, sad, forgotten or alone.
Help...????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• Ugh I know the feeling. I was put on some antidepressents and they have helped so much. I dont feel so down anymore and it has helped my relationship with DH and also my son. I would make a doc appointment for yourself. I know how hard it can be and talking about things dosnt always help because it dosnt change what is going on. I hope things start to get better for you.
    Anonymous

• i usually try to pray or read the bible, dont know if you are religious but prayer really helps--good luck, keep your head up!
    dez1379

Answer by dez1379 at 11:03 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I found cafemom when I was feeling that way.
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 11:03 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Your not alone. I have been struggling with this since July, and it's just gotten worse. I've found that you really have to make a choice to be happy. It helps, but it isn't everything. If you are religious...I find that reading my scriptures and saying my prayers to Father in Heaven makes me have patience and a peace that I would otherwise not have.
    msg me if you would like to talk more....if not, know that you are worth doing things for yourself. you cannot be totally selfless all the time...I still struggle with that, but know that I need to start being selfish. You cannot love anyone else if you don't love yourself first.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 11:06 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Try therapy. I know it helped me sort out things in the past. It helps to have an unbiased person to talk to sometimes. We all get in a funk that takes time to get out of at some point in our lives. It's a matter of realising it and doing something about it!! Good luck momma...this too shall pass...
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 11:07 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• You are not alone. I think we women all feel that way at times, but just don't give in to it. Try and realize that guys process things differently than we do and they show and act differently as well. He might show his love in his way, but love you just as much as you do him. Girlfriends are great for venting so hit them up either on here, online, or in person! But more than anything, God is always there when everyone else is gone. When your husband is driving you crazy or seeming to ignore you, when your friends are busy and not around, when family is critical and not there, God is. Talk to Him and give him your problems and ask that he intervenes with your marriage and ask for guidance too.
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 11:11 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Maybe your depression is more serious than dh not giving back. Talk to your doctor about it. As for dh, some men think they are giving back just by coming home each night. I know it stinks but some just think that way.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:42 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Yeah, I have felt that way. I usually write, post on here or something. Now I can talk to DH MOST of the time. Lol, For all the other times I have the moms on here, either to make me feel worse or better. LOL. Good Luck though, I know the feeling.. Try a journal, even if you dont post it, you can just save it in a locked file in your computer.!
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 11:43 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Well depression is for feelings shoved inside & not let out. Have you tried to talk w/your S/O & let him know how you feel? Not in the heat of an argument but some other time when it seems like the right time. Don't let your friends relationships fool you, some people just don't talk about them to others. I for one never confided in my girlfriends abt my S/O & arguments or problems, saw too many others have girlfriends jump in with the S/O and try to make their move. Once I asked my S/O why he never showed me affection in public like so and so's husband, & he said, "Do I show you how I feel in the bedroom?" When I said he did, he said, " Then that's the only one I need to show." Well guess who ended up divorced a few years later, yup the guy who showed his wife all the affection in public. My therapist, for grief, taught me to have a journal & write my feelings there that I wasn't able to say out loud, try that for a start.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 12:00 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• How do you deal with depression and sadness....especially when you have no one to talk to who will understand?
    I never take it that much, I am very broadminded person it is important to me that things must be peaceful and spend time with my T.V. or P.C. only my dogs in the house makes my depression & sadness gone i really spare it out away in my heart & mind, does'nt need to be stupid technology is enough & pets to ease those emotion ^ ^;...
    clarizamaria

Answer by clarizamaria at 12:10 AM on Dec. 23, 2010