bladder/ kidney infection

Can a bladder or kidney infection cause a 103.5 fever and vomiting and nausea and diarrhea?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Health

• Yep
    Anonymous

• I don't see how it could cause vomiting and diarrhea. I've never had either.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 11:04 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Well, I've never had the vomiting and diarrhea, but I have had nausea, and I'm sure you could have those symptoms. Definitely the fever can be caused by a bladder/kidney infection.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:05 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• If it has gone on for a while yes. The most common cause of Urinary Tract Infections in womens and girls is cross contamination. E. Coli is usually the bacteria found on urine cultures. If the infection is left untreated too long, or the culprit is E.Coli they can certainly cause havoc on your system.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:05 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• yes, my temp was up to 104.5, they wanted me to go back to the er...you turned me away once lol oh well!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:07 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Yes-

If a UTI is supected, drink cranberry juice and take over the counter Cystex + Advil until you can see a DR-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:08 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I know that it can certainly cause high fevers and nausea, and if left untreated I am sure the other symptoms can be attributed to that as well.
    FOCOMomma

Answer by FOCOMomma at 11:10 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Yup my daughter had a kidney infection not to long ago and she had all those symptoms.Go check it out asap.
    carisa368

Answer by carisa368 at 11:48 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Yes, and oh boy are they painful! I ended up at the ER with one a year ago.. ugh
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:55 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Yes, I'd go to the Er. They arent something to play around with
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:49 AM on Dec. 23, 2010