Vag infection - symptoms and cures - VERY TMI!!!

I am asking this anon because it's digusting!

My birth control got really messed up. I got the mirena in exactly a month ago. Then, I got my period 2 days later. I spotted enough everyday after my period was done to fill a panty liner, blood was dark brown for a few weeks. Now I'm bleeding a lot more (back to red blood), so I'm assuming I got my period again. One day about a week ago my panty liner smelled strongly of vinegar. Now today I noticed I'm fishy smelling. I haven't had fishy smell for almost a decade so I can remember what to do. I'm married and haven't had sex in a month. I don't have insurance, so can anyone remind me of what I can do over the counter. I have been using Tampon for the last two day and now that I smell, I'm switching to pads.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Health

• It could Bacterial Vaginosis which gives off a fishy odor. Go to Planned Parenthood, because if you do have BV, you're going to need a Rx for antibiotics. I can't remember what they give for you BV (I worked there YEARS ago). If you don't have a job, they won't charge you or they will base it on your income.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:23 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• If it's a vaginal infection you would probably need antibiotics to clear it up. Yeast can be cured with OTC monistat, but it sounds more like bacterial vaginosis. You should really see a doctor.
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 11:23 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• UGH!!! There's got to be something that will kill it. I have a job, we have too much money for slideing fee scales, but not enough to pay $100+ for the doctors visit and perscription...Anyone have home remedies?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:30 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• No home remedies that I know of. I got this a few years ago after having my son, and it got so bad I was in a lot of pain, they gave me a rx and pain meds.

good luck... maybe a walk in clinic, its not really difficult to diagnose or anything.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:39 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Sounds like an infection. Can you call the Dr that put the mirena in?
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:48 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Try peroxide
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 8:57 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• if it's a yeast infection you can go OTC or use plain yogurt... you can also buy a "testing kit' to see if it is a yeast infection... if it's MORE than that, i'm sorry but you would need to be seen by a DR...
    asil

Answer by asil at 8:48 PM on Dec. 23, 2010