WWYD as a babysitter if.......

the parents told you to spank their child and in what circumstances? I don't spank my own kids so to me it is really hard. I know consistency is the biggest thing so I want to do what they do but I don't know if I can.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Tell them you will not spank and see if they have any suggestions.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 11:42 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I would be very upfront with the parents and let them know that you don't discipline in that way.
    FOCOMomma

Answer by FOCOMomma at 11:42 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I agree, I would say I'm sorry, I'm not a spanker, and these are the forms of consequences that I use. I doubt if they would find a daycare or preschool that spanks, most are afraid of getting sued.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:44 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Yeah, just let them know that it is not your way. You can offer to give time outs or something..
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 11:45 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• With all the CPS crap today it's pretty dangerous and risky to spank your own kids. I wouldn't risk spanking someone else's even with their permission!
    Anonymous

• I would just tell them that I don't feel comfortable doing that. I would tell them what my plan for disipline would be and if they could not agree with that, I would not watch their children. My house, my rules!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:52 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I'd try other methods first.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 11:52 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• wow, what an odd predicament. I was never asked that when I was a babysitter. That said, I did very rarely spank my own kids when they were younger. Emphasis on very rarely.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:54 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• jeanclaudia, I might spank mine on rare occasion if I needed too but they are only 1 and 2 so I haven't yet.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:55 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I would have to tell them that I don't believe in spanking. But it's the parents place to spank, not a babysitter. If they can't accept that, then they need to find another babysitter.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:42 AM on Dec. 23, 2010