Lets share funny stories

Mine would be when I was 21 and had my 1st baby. I was breast feeding and very unexperienced. I went and decided to get a HOT shower and let the water help me relax. Now being a new mom I didnt know that hot water makes breast milk flow freely. When I got in the shower my nipples all of a sudden started shooting breast milk everywhere. I started screaming because I didnt know if this was normal or not. I thought something was terribly wrong. My sons grandmother came in and saw breast milk flying all over the bathroom and started laughing so hard she peed her pants. I litterally looked like a sprinkler in your front yard. I had breast milk all over the whole bathroom and had a mess to clean up.

ready4baby2011

Asked by ready4baby2011 at 11:40 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• OMG this literally made me LMAO! but im glad you posted this cause i would have never known that when i start breastfeeding! thank you lol
    mommy2be0611

Answer by mommy2be0611 at 11:51 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Wow that is funny! I never had that happen to me and I always take hot showers.

A funny story for me is that I accidently cut my baby's finger nail and it bleed just a little bit. I FREAKED! Just started balling so hard, I even called my mom asking her to come over because I felt so bad! My mom rushed in the door and I'm balling and holding my baby while my husband is trying to get me to calm down, all this is happening and guess what... my baby didn't even notice a thing! She was just sitting there calmly. I felt like such a goof! After closer inspection, the cute was SO small, pretty much nothing at all. Geez, I sure can over react!
    WARNING

Answer by WARNING at 11:51 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• LOL I have done that too and I cried for 2 days because I thought I hurt my baby
    ready4baby2011

Comment by ready4baby2011 (original poster) at 11:55 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• You're not alone, WARNING. I've done it too. Only my baby cried, so I beat myself up for days!

I've told this before.. .but if you haven't heard it, here goes. I was grocery shopping with my son (then 4) and daughter (then 2). The store was PACKED full of people, the lines were backed up into the aisles, and I was trying to squeeze through to get to the items I needed. Well, I saw a lady with an eyepatch walking our way, and I thought "Dear God, PLEASE don't let Jacob(my son) see this lady!" But sure enough, she walked right by our cart, and when my son saw her, he said, at the top of his lungs "LOOK MOMMY!! A PIRATE! SHE'S A PIRATE!! LOOK MOMMY!!" I was soooo embarrassed! Everyone around me was snickering, and the lady with the eyepatch was glaring at me... and I just wanted to shrink down and disappear!
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 12:22 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• OMG that is hilarious. Kids say the craziest stuff.
    ready4baby2011

Comment by ready4baby2011 (original poster) at 12:27 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• When my son was about 2.5 he got ahold of the empty baby wipes dispenser. Next thing I know he is screaming and here is this lid to the dispenser stuck on his thumb! 

I start to panic, his poor little thumb is turning blue. I try to pull it off and it makes it worse! Im flipping out,  my niece is dialing 911 and I cant get the dang lid off his finger, he is screaming in pain...I can't find the scissors and finally found them in the cabinet.....and just as we see the fire truck pull up, and the ambulance behind them, my son is screaming, as I cut the plastic to the middle and cut the slat to free his finger! *WHEW* 

(Cont)
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 6:58 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• (Cont )

The EMT's checked him out...one of the women, said,"New Mom?" I said,"Yep." She said,smiling..."This is just the beginning Mom!" She was right!  Two years later he pushed a metal bead up his nose from a bracelet. I got that out with tweezers.

THEN...he swallowed a metal magnetix ball. I had to take him to the ER to make sure actually only did swallow just the one and to make sure it was going into his stomach to poop it out, cause if it went down into his windpipe, they would have had to do surgery to get it out or his lung would get blocked, so thank GOD it was going towards his stomach.

The Doctor said,"Good news Mommy, is he will be OK. Bad news is you need rubber gloves and to check his poop every day to make sure he passes it OK. ! So I was on poop patrol after that, gave him a laxative as directed...and OH What fun wearing gloves checking his poop! My son is more like Dennis the Meance!! LOL HELP! LOL
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 7:03 AM on Dec. 23, 2010