DOES ANYBODY HAVE A CHILD THAT DOESNT LIVE W/THEM AND THEY WONT SEE THEM FOR CHRISTMAS

MY 17 YO IS IN FOSTER CARE

19angie74

Asked by 19angie74 at 11:47 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Holidays

• I have a 6 year old son that lives with his dad in a different state and I wont get to see him. However my hubby and I did send him a christmas present.
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 11:49 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• My SO's daughter won't be around for Christmas.. she lives in Maryland with her mom
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 11:49 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• READY4BABY2011 AND PROUDMOMMY690 IS IT HARD FOR YOU TO EXCEPT AND IS IT RUINING YOUR HOLIDAT SPIRIT
    19angie74

Comment by 19angie74 (original poster) at 11:57 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• My 24 yr old son is in Iraq :(
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:58 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• It is very hard for me at times. I do get depressed through birtdays, christmas, and major holidays. I get to see him when I can get to the state he is in but due to financial difficulties it is hard to do so as much as we would like.
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 12:00 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• first off ---- Kathy, been there ,done that, have more grey hairs from it an dhe isnt even done yet, even says he is signing up again when due, Bless your heart, hold on an dwhen he comes home regardless how he seems different, you'll just feel christmas, birthday, mother's day, rebirth,..all over again and all at once.
    Im too far away from all my adult kids except one and Im okay with that for most part but I feel like a bad granma for missing my granson's first christmas and many other things he is doing, I just need to put my LO needs first.
    Everyone that can't be with my LO this year is writing letters and/or calling him, sending presents thats all that can be expected.
    kingkongsmom

Answer by kingkongsmom at 12:13 AM on Dec. 23, 2010