What childbirth class did you take and was it useful?

Birthing from Within, Bradley, Local hospital classes, Hypnobirthing, etc. Did it help you during the actual birth? If not, did you get something else useful from it?

whatthewhat

Asked by whatthewhat at 12:27 AM on Dec. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• i took a lamaze class didnt find it helpfull but in the end needed a emergency c section. do your research on our classes befor sighning up for one. it all depends on what kind of birth you are hoping for but in the end keep in mind that babys have the final call on whats truly going to happen so be prepared for anything that could come your way things done always go how you pictured or planned.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 12:58 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• #1- Took the hospital birthing class....HUGE waist of money! All they did was talk about the types of drugs you could have and what formula was avaliable. I was wanting a natural birth and this was SO unhelpful!

#2- I took Hypnobabies...BEST DECISION EVER!!!! I had a WONDERFUL birthing experience with no epidural. I moved during labor, I was able to focused, I felt the love and support of my family through Hypnobabies. I had a doula who was also a Hypnobabies instructor who was WONDERFUL!!

I would recommend Hypnobabies to ANYONE!! If you plan to go into the hospital and get hooked up to every drug there is and do everything the doctor says without doing any of your own research or making an educated decisions then don't bother to take any classes.

If you want to have a natural, confidant, rewarding birth I would recommend one!!
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 12:39 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I didn't take any... I just watched videos and read books. Didn't feel like they were important. Never regretted the decision either.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 12:28 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I didn't take any. Videos and books like Razelda. Had no trouble giving birth at the age of 16 with no classes either. The second time around is when I had problems, and classes would not have helped either.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 12:30 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• With my first baby I found focusing on one thing to be helpful. Just stare at that one spot and tune on everything else. I got through labor with no drugs.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 12:31 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I read Birthing From Within, which was AWESOME, and I LOVED the non-focused awareness while I was in labor. I plan to use hypnobirthing and a doula for next time, in addition to Birthing From Within. I did the class at Kaiser, since I gave birth there. It was of minimal help. I've attended births there, so I knew what to expect, and I think that was the biggest thing to be gained.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:33 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I took Lamaze classes, I focused on breathing and looking stright ahead at the clock, worked really well
    kingkongsmom

Answer by kingkongsmom at 12:46 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• LOL we took Lamaze. I read Bradley and liked it much more... the week in Lamaze when they focused on c-section - I just KNEW I didn't need to pay attention to that since I was going all natural and no drugs, etc... I should have listened. LOL An emergency c-section was necessary :)
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 2:15 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I took Lamaze. It was helpful until I was actually having the baby, then I just didn't give a crap. I wanted him OUT.

We did make some good friends in that class, so that was good.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 8:22 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I did the Hypnobabies Home Study course. It was amazing, I recommend it to everyone.
    cedailey

Answer by cedailey at 11:07 AM on Dec. 23, 2010