Anxiety

Has anyone experienced anxiety, then went on hormone replacement and it got better or disappeared altogether? I'm talking people who are in the menopausal state. Would like to hear stories if you don't mind sharing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Health

• Well, I am there. I have been on Xanax for years. I was experiencing not only hot flashes but intolerable sweating. My Dr. put me on Activella, which has helped, but when I talked to him about the sweating and the heart pounding, he put me on Propanalol as well. I have gained about 5 lbs. from the HRT, but I feel so good right now.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:21 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I honestly thought I was to young for the menopausal thing. It started at about 44 yrs old, my periods were heavy one month and light the next. Plus for some reason I started gaining weight. My Dr told me I was in perimenopause.....I too am on xanax, but I've had anxiety most of my life. This past Summer hit me really hard because honestly I never knew if it was the heat outside or it was me!!! I'm seem to be more emotional now .I was seriously recommend not to take hormone therapy, because it so called causes cancer. I know there are herbs etc...or antidepressants you can take...I wish I had more info for you....but I don't.

tracylyn245

Answer by tracylyn245 at 2:13 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I used Estrin D when I went through it after my complete hysterectomy at age 29. It's at Walgreens OTC costs about $20 a month. Helped with appetite, energy, hot/cold flashes and crying. I was on it for about 4 mos and haven't needed it since but I would NOT do HRT. Hell NO!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 2:20 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I have anxiety but im not menopausal
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:45 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• no, but here's a bump
    asil

Answer by asil at 8:39 PM on Dec. 23, 2010