AM I THE ONLY ONE WHOM THINKS THE DMV SHOULD GIVE AN IQ TEST BEFORE SOMEONE CAN GET A LICENSE?

ready4baby2011

Asked by ready4baby2011 at 1:28 AM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• That's pretty much what the written exam is for the permit. They give you a book to study, and they give you a test based off the book. If you can't pass it, you can't drive.
    Flippindadaisie

Answer by Flippindadaisie at 1:30 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I dont mean a book you read and study I mean actually look at a persons IQ. Almost anyone can study and memorize a book. If they have a low IQ score dont put them on the road.
    ready4baby2011

Comment by ready4baby2011 (original poster) at 1:31 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• answers could be a sign of not being able to drive according to cafemom standards, lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• winkYeah they should but then the car companies and oil companies would lose billions maybe trillions of dollars because there would be far less drivers on the road

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:32 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I don't think the ability to drive is based off of IQ. I've seen people who are extremely smart... that can't drive worth a damn. IMO, it's a terrible idea to base it off IQ.
    Flippindadaisie

Answer by Flippindadaisie at 1:33 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• some people are just stuck on stupid.
    ready4baby2011

Comment by ready4baby2011 (original poster) at 1:34 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• At least you have to take a test! There are sooooo many stupid people in the world that should have to wear a patch on there shirt like the A from the Scarlet Letter. A big neon S for stupid would be nice.
    babyboyzz

Answer by babyboyzz at 1:36 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I think what OP is getting at is driving for the most part is a lot of common sense and a lot of drivers don't use it or don't have it.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:37 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Just think if there was a test to become a parent. Mankind might be threatened lol.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:38 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• In the way the roads are set up these days, um, for an accident at just about each block or so, I'd say the majority of anyone that drives is just as lucky as if they'd flipped a quarter to see whether or not to drive at all.
    The makes of cars and sizes of hoods depending on distances of eyewidth, or even if you have contacts or glasses, can make a big gap of questions as should they be driving.
    What about cell phone users?
    What about drinkers?
    What about a pregnant woman needing to get to the E.R?
    what about a person just getting practice on their permit and with an adult?
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 1:38 AM on Dec. 23, 2010