PLEASE HELP......I just started working out, and everytime as Im doing my exercise, I begin to get this real bad itch through out my body, especially on my thighs, why?

I never can really finish a workout class, the itch just gets the best of me.....and when I sweat its even worse.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• The itch is blood trying desperately to circulate in your body. It's having a tough time because it's not used to it. It will go away probably in a few weeks, depending on how often you work out.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:40 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I think its called lactic acid that is moving around
    TriniCruzan

Answer by TriniCruzan at 2:03 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Maybe you have dry skin.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 2:42 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• sweetlove is correct. Lactic acid does not make you itch, it makes your muscles a little shaky & you can get nauseated from too much lactic acid build up. That is why it's important to slow down at the end of your workout. If you don't have a "slow down" period of about 10 min, your body will have too much lactic acid build up & it can actually make you puke.

Anyhow, your itchiness. Your blood is flowing to places it hasn't in a long time. It's reaching all those little capillaries near the surface of your skin. This is why you get itchy. After a few weeks, this will no longer happen as your body will adjust to the increased blood flow. Good luck on your work outs! Congrats!

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:24 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• im with sweet love
    san78

Answer by san78 at 12:20 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Dry Skin? Have you asked your Dr maybe??
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:34 AM on Jan. 5, 2011