Fildeveloping

Anybody know the name of the company that sends you the package to place your film i and they develop it and send it back to you for a cheaper price than at teh store? A roommate was telling me about it way back in 01 02 but can not remember the name.

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 2:13 AM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Technology

• Here's a bump!
    Averylee85

Answer by Averylee85 at 2:24 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• lol ty
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 2:35 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I know York used to do. But, I really don't advise using a company that requires you to mail the film to them and then mail it back to you. I've had friends who have used these mail-in companies & their film got lost in the mail system. For me, pictures are way too valuable to trust to the US mail. It may be cheaper. But, high risk. I know my local Walgreens does film developing. It's one of the few who still does this type of processing. And, really, it's not badly priced. And, you can sign up for their newsletters online & be notified of their weekly photo specials. They will process your film & create a CD for you so you can print digital copies.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 7:17 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• yeah I remember thinking about the saftey issue when the gal first told me but she was like no no I never had a problem...yeah I feel like the only person without a digtal camera lol
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 9:58 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Oh, you're NOT the only one who still uses film. I have a fancy Canon Elan EOS II 35mm that I still LOVE to use. And, I have an Advantix Panoramic, too. And, I have a fantastic digital. But, sometimes I just prefer to use my 35mm over my digital. I dread the day when nobody processes actual film anymore. :-/
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 11:49 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I agree with spicealwingz.
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 12:21 PM on Dec. 23, 2010