Do you prefer Gift Bags or Wrapping Paper?

I don't know why I just hate gift bags - lol. When I use them, I end up spending tons on extra tissue and ribbons to tie the handles, etc....

SO, with 6 children, son in law, grandson, nephews, nieces, parents, in laws, siblings, on and on and on - I spend a LOT of time wrapping gifts. LOL Even if we don't get more than a few per person - lol - but it's a choice. I typically make all handmade bows, etc, too but NOT this year - I'll jazz up store bought bows - but I have this thing about how awesomely special do you feel when you get a beautifully wrapped present with a beautiful bow on it? Isn't that an awesome feeling?

I know - it's lost on the kids now but in their memories of their childhood - I'm SURE this will be there - in at least one of them - lol.

AAAMama

Asked by AAAMama at 2:46 AM on Dec. 23, 2010 in

• I use gift bags for birthdays and weddings. I prefer to receive gift bags myself ever since I was a kid. But for Christmas and depending on the gift, such as ones that dont fit in a gift bag then I use wrapping paper. I don't go all out on the bows for either though. I get my tissue paper from the dollar store so I can mix and get designs without it costing alot of money. That way its only a dollar or two for a gift bag. Christmas I feel has to have wrapping paper because a tree surrounded by gift bags just doesn't look right, and my children love to wrap the presents. But we spend extra to get the shiny wrapping paper. Do you think that you dislike the gift bags because its associated with cheap presents?
    weirdjojo

Answer by weirdjojo at 2:54 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• For all the little ones in my family, I do wrapped presents... you're definitely right, there's nothing like getting a beautifully wrapped gift! For most of the ladies, I tend to package a gift within a gift. I'll put the present in a cute purse, a cosmetics bag, a stained glass container, etc... they usually love it. Most of the guys do get gift bags, though.

KA91

Answer by KA91 at 3:31 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• It depend to whom is that gift .. kids i prefer nice wraping paper but for adults and specially woman i do prefer nice chic bags
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 3:07 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I do both.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 2:46 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I hate wrapping.. I only used gift bags this christmas
    tere1986

Answer by tere1986 at 2:53 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I use both.
    Indyk

Answer by Indyk at 2:58 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• It depends on the gift I'm giving but I mostly use wrapping paper.

ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 2:59 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• boxes and gift bags... you can reuse them!
    thesouthernmom

Answer by thesouthernmom at 4:11 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I do both, but I love wrapping paper best lol.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 3:39 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Love wrapping paper but get lazy and use some gift bags
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 5:55 AM on Dec. 23, 2010