Homemade Pasta

So, making fresh pasta is something I'd love to try.

Anyone have experience with it? Any suggestions?

Maybe I'll put that on my "To Do in 2011" list :)

AAAMama

Asked by AAAMama at 2:49 AM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Food & Drink

• well i tryd once and it was quite ok for first time lolll .. try this : 500 ml flour + 3 medium eggs+15 ml extra virgin olive oil or 1 tbsp soup + salt

Pasta without eggs
    500 ml flour+ 125 ml water+15 ml extra virgin olive oil or 1 tbsp soup+salt

how to do : remain ingredients and work with your fingertips to form a ball. If dough is too sticky, add a little flour. Knead for 10 mn, folding the dough and turning regularly until smooth and elastic texture.Brush a little oil, cover with inverted bowl and let stand for 30 minutes at room temperature.use roll off and heavy. Divide dough into four parts.Roll each part into thin, giving a fold (fold in four) and repeat at least 6 times. Wrap lowers each with a clean cloth and put on hold until the end of the process.Cut with cookie cutters for pasta or stuffing into a sausage roll and cut with a knife along the width desired for long pasta.
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 3:37 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Bring to a rolling boil in 4 liters of water generously salted, plunge the pasta and stir gently until further boiling. Reduce heat and continue boiling while just the time it takes to reach the good cooked pasta . check , and add a little oil, stirring gently to prevent them sticking together.
    A little something for a simple check for good pasta : as they float to the surface, they are slightly firm to the bite

enjoy ;)
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 3:39 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• We always make homemade pasta. Salt the water
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:29 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I make a lot of home made pasta. It's so much better than stuff in a box, and you can make extra and dry it (but it's still better than the stuff in a box!).
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 10:04 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I make it occasionally- Gnocchi is also fun to make-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:27 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• it is easier thatn you think. I have a hand roller- comes in handy. I use 1/2 semolina flour.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:32 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Start out just making it by hand at first until you get the knack of it. Worry more about the texture over how pretty it might be. If you do decide to move up to a pasta roller - save up for a good one. Cheap plastic ones with a million pieces to clean aren't worth it (and they're so loud you'll never want to use them).
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:07 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Thanks for the replies, everyone!! I think this will be on my list very soon after the holidays!
    AAAMama

Comment by AAAMama (original poster) at 12:06 AM on Dec. 25, 2010