Do you have or help your kids pick out presents for you an so?

We did this year and focused her gifts to us on things she can enjoy with us. So for her daddy she picked nerf gunsand for me she picked Dora memory. The baby is just to young to really care.

JadeRDragosani

Asked by JadeRDragosani at 3:07 AM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Holidays

• No because we are on a tight budget this year and only bought for kids. We did however have our kids "buy" for each other a gift. Basically we let them pick a gift from ones we had already bought and let that gift be from them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:10 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I take the kids shopping and let them pick out a few things.
    batjmom

Answer by batjmom at 5:55 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Yes, the kids pick out things for the adults in our family - but not toys or games. They are taught to pick out appropriate gifts for that person, for their age and taste, things just for that person.
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 8:51 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Yes, and I totally agree with the PP. They chose gifts for that person, truly for that person, not things that the person can use to play with them. It's not all about them. Children need to be taught how to think of others, how to choose nice gifts for others, how to be a thoughtful and NOT a selfish gift-giver.
    The adults can always enjoy the children's toys with them. The adults can color with the children, play a game with the children, or whatever. But a gift should always be chosen with the recipient in mind, not with the gift giver thinking "oh, this will be fun for me"
    yoliplus6

Answer by yoliplus6 at 9:06 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I have a friend help him. She knows what I like and steers him to things I might like.
    sandbuster

Answer by sandbuster at 5:30 PM on Dec. 23, 2010