What To Buy For Baby?

Happy Holiays Ladies!

Im Finally Going Shopping For Baby Clothes ( And Other Stuff ), And I'd Like To Know What I'll Mostly Need And Not Want. I'd Liked To Spend My Money Wisely Lol. What Did U Girls Have In Mind, Im Making My List :)

EndlessM

Asked by EndlessM at 4:24 AM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Shopping

• Onesies are a staple in this house hold.

Socks were a waste, but we didn't go out in the cold (I live in Hawaii). Blankets were a waste too, never used them.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 4:38 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• For a newborn(oh where do I start lol) A couple of packs of onesies (Carter's clothes last through thick and thin and still look new), a hat that is weather appropriate, diapers in newborn size that have the u shape for the umbilical cord stump is preffered, a couple of packs of socks, at least a dozen baby washclothes, diape rash cream, rubbing alcohol, q-tips or cotton balls, a paci or 2 just in case, bottles, a breast pump if you will be breastfeeding, diaper bag, baby wipes, baby lotion, baby was, baby shampoo, shoes if you want him/her to be fashionable otherwise skip it because he/she can't walk and won't keep shoes on I assure you, a bottle/nipple brush, nursing bras if applicable, burping pads about 8, receiving blankets for swaddling, a heavier blanket for outings, a "going home outfitt", a baby bath tub, a crib or bassinet will get you by the first couple of months, a rear-facing carseat, a jacket, a crib mattress -
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:39 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• crib sheets and mattress protector aka cover at least 2 sets of sheets and matress covers(you'll want probably 6 sets if baby spits up a lot of has a vomiting episode that lasts days), a stroller if you want to go out with baby and not have to carry him/her or carry carseat- get a stroller that is part of your carseat and they will fit nicely together and you don't have to wake a sleeping baby to put in a stroller. A changing table is nice by not necessary. I always changed mine on a bed, couch or floor. That's all that comes to mind right now but I'm sure there's more lol it's been 3 years since I've had a newborn.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:45 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• If you are limited to money you may want to check out if there is a store called "New To You" it has most baby items that are usually new or used once. Most come from baby showers where they received two of the same gift. The thing is, you buy it at a fraction of the cost. You can also look in the paper where mom's have so much stuff they're giving it away. Also Pass the word around to co-workers, friends, anyone that knows someone who had a baby thats outgrew an outfit before they could wear it. You might also get a baby crib that way. By the way, are you having a baby shower? If you are, you may want to hold off on the shopping trip and see what gift you get. However, if you are going to use throw away dipers, I'd start buying them now. Look for sales, cupons, etc... buy two packs a week. Hope this helps
    WalknWithGod

Answer by WalknWithGod at 4:46 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Onwe more thinng- register at Babies "R" Us, Walmart, Target,etc and be sure to add "gift card" and "diapers" too the registries. If you have a Facebook page, put on there that you are having a shower too.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:54 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Im Not Too Sure If Im Having A Baby Shower, Im Not Suppose To Know If I am Having One Lol, Thats What I've Been Told From My Mom. I Still Wanna Make The List Just To Be Sure If I Have Everything I Need.

EndlessM

Comment by EndlessM (original poster) at 5:02 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• That's mom code for "I'm throwing you a shower but it has to be a surprise"
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 5:13 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I don't suggest buying disposable diapers this soon. Depending on the size of your baby, you'll never know what size he/she is going to need. If you must buy diapers at least buy size 1 or 2... Not newborn. They outgrow those quick. Some babies never even fit them.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 5:14 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Target has a good print out on their website under the baby registry... Just modify it to your personal tastes and wishes, print, and you're done! =)
    Razelda

• Nappy, bips, bottles (if you don't want to breast feed), sleeping bag (don't put blanket in the cot), blanket (for the buggy), Head to toe clothes (it doesn't worth to buy loads of different trousers, tops, etc. The all-together clothes are the best. You can open the bottom, change the nappy, close the bottom and that's it. Children usually get bored easily if you put too many clothes on them and you have to change everything when the cloths get dirty. Little hat, gloves for his nails (they have really sharp nails and they scratch their face). Buggy, the best if the seat go for the car as well. Loads of nappy. First Aid Kit. Sterilizer. Nappy bag. Wet wipes. Moving toys above the cot.

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 6:41 AM on Dec. 23, 2010