is this normal ????

okay im 30 weeks pregnant . ive started feeling my babys kicks when i was about 22 or 23 weeks . but at about 27 weeks she stopped kicking me alot but i would feel her moving constantly . now she kicks me maybe 2 or 3 times thru out the day but she is constantly rolling and elbow or a knee across my stomach and flipping and turning . ahe also likes to press her arm up against the right side of my stomach and stick her but out . i also feel her moving all day it doesnt feel like she get any sleep . but anyway i know shes alright because she moves alot . i was just wondering if it was normal for her not to kick me as much . she also likes to grind her foot in my bladder .

teenmum11

Asked by teenmum11 at 5:23 AM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes because she is getting bigger and has less room to move and stretch. You will get kicked probably less and less.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 5:26 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• This is very normal. I had 3 children and their activity varied throughout the prgnancy. As you get further along, the baby will constantly put pressure on your bladder. As the baby grows, they will do a lot of stretching as well. I remember my first born would curl up on one side and stick a foot out so far it was clearly visable it was a foot. I had very enjoyable pregnancies and loved to just kick back on the couch in the evenings and watch as they moved around.
    nika64

Answer by nika64 at 5:46 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Yes its absolutely normal
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 6:33 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Absolutely normal. As another poster mentioned, when they get bigger there is not as much room to kick. All babies are different. I had one who rarely moved, it was like she just knocked on my side all the time like she was saying "let me out".
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 7:12 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Im 34 weeks and its the same for me. Not a lot of kicks just a lot of rolling spinning and flipping. He pushes outwards a lot but not a lot of kicking. I heard its because now there is more baby then amniotic fluid and there isn't a lot of room in there anymore.
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 7:22 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Every baby is different! Some move a TON, others not so much. I had one who was EXTREMELY still.

Something fun - pay attention to the movements - you may recognize them once your little one is born. One of my kids would kick his legs right before falling asleep as a baby and I recognized the movements from when he was inside me. :)
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:50 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• My son has been doing the same thing for the past month. His long legs seem to take up most of his room in there so now all he does most times is roll around and soon he wont even be able to do that as much. It is all normal and just means that your baby is growing. Good luck and enjoy it.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 9:51 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Yep it's normal. As she's getting bigger, there isn't as much room for her to move around, so you'll feel more of the rolling and turning type movements.
    Sillieguze

Answer by Sillieguze at 10:21 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• yep baby is getting bigger and your tummy is getting smaller kinda, lacking space, i hate it when mine rolls from left to right, right there almost like it wants to climb out, and he also kick my bladder very often!
    courtneycra

Answer by courtneycra at 11:00 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Perfectly normal. She doesn't have as much room to manuever her legs to kick but she can still roll and move.
    aikenchic

Answer by aikenchic at 2:16 PM on Dec. 23, 2010