First time single mother due in April and was wondering if ANYBODY could give me any tips or tricks they now about anything( food, things to get immediately for the baby ect....) if this helps i am 15 weeks and3 days along acording to first sonogram

first time mom to be
Single
Full Time College Student
Currently living in the dorms but hoping to get out of them into my own place
I am 22 years old
only job i have as of now is a federal work study job on campus

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:10 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you went to your job and family services office? They will help you with a medical card, Food stamps and cash asstance if you need it.. You will do great congrats and GL
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 7:14 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• A pack n play is potable crib, makes moving the bed when we travel much easier, we ahve the one with a bassinet part and the big bed part so they grow into it. mine also has a changing table attached, big space saver about 160$ at walmart..
    As for must have, are breasts pads because you will leak and boob cream I cant remember the name of it, But if you message me on here, I am buying the must haves for my lil sis who is due in january. so I will think of alot more...my son is 5 months....
    Good luck and congrats..
    franklynnsmom

Answer by franklynnsmom at 7:18 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• baby monitor,baby grooming kit,pacifiers,bathing products,plenty of blankets,a bulb syringe,a rectal thermometor,lots of diapers,a swing,towels and wash clothes,lots of sleepers,baby mittens,breast pads whether you breastfeed or not.(your boobs will leak),a boopie,a sling,plenty of clothes,bibs,burp clothes,diaper bag....etc. i could probably go on forever-but you can never be too prepared!
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 7:41 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Honestly? You don't need as much as you think you will! My son was also born in April. Because it was so warm, a lot of his outfits went unused: he was in a diaper or onesie all the time. I breastfed him so I didn't need that many bottles. I did use them when I went back to work. Depending on how you will feed, you will need a pump or formula. A SLING!! I definetly recommend a sling! If you will co-sleep: you don't really need a crib. A bassinet can be handy but not a must-have (again, depending on your sleeping arrangements) Diapers and wipes are probably the MAIN thing you need. Good luck and congratulations!
    ivansmom07

Answer by ivansmom07 at 8:38 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Read baby magazines, take a new parent class, labor and delivery class, and breatfeeding class at your local hospital. Check into eligibility for WIC, crib dontation programs, and welfare. One thing my sis forgot to do was pick out a pediatrician - you should do that before the baby's born, so we interviewed doctor's covered by our insurance starting my 7th month. I have some leftover baby gear from my DD and am trying to give it away. I live in Ohio, though, and can't afford to ship it. I also have LOTS more mommy advice to share. If you're interested, please send me a private message sometime.
    Jennie
    baenglishwc05

Answer by baenglishwc05 at 9:32 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Make sure when you buy a pack-n-play that it assembles and disassembles easily. Breastfeed! If you are on a tight budget do breast feeding. Since you are a college student, go apply for the WIC program. They give you coupons to buy formula. There are also Daycare programs so you can stay in school. You really do not need a crib until 5 or 6 months old. A changing table is not necessary because you can change on the floor. Start going to your local thrift stores and look for baby items The church thrift stores are the best. STAY IN SCHOOL! When people ask if you need any help accept it. I live in Texas if you need to talk just e-mail me.

Diapers and wipes are the most expensive. If people ask what you need say those items.
    orion2008

Answer by orion2008 at 12:10 PM on Nov. 10, 2008