For those who keep a BOS

Some of you may know (from all my questions recently, I think I mentioned this) that I'm rearranging and organizing my BOS because it's grown to the point where my 8 tabs weren't enough, so I'm basically tearing it apart to put it back together in a better way.

My question: What section of your BOS do you/would you keep info on things like cleansing, consecrating, charging, etc. new objects?

I've had these in my BOS since I started it, and I did have them all together but not in any of the tabs. Now, I really want to find a place to put them, but I'm not sure where lol. I'm still working on my tab names as I sort, and so far I think I only have spells, rituals, recipes, beliefs, and deities figured out. What tab would they be/are they under in your BOS?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 6:07 AM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• As I've mentioned the biggest part of mine is digital (and on my old computer), but the stuff I do have written down is written in spiral bound notebooks. My written book is in desperate need of a going over ...

Now, to your question ... Rituals maybe? Possibly tools, but I'm definitely thinking rituals. Maybe a special section under Rituals, like "Ritual Tools" because I don't know about you, I have separate tools for full rituals that don't happen very often and then the "every day" tools. OR a TOOLS tab with sections for each ... every day and special rituals.

I feel like I'm grasping at straws here, but I hope that I gave you some help.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:50 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I was going to say under either spells or rituals but I like the idea of a tool section. That way you have an area that deals just with your tools like consecrating them and things like that..
    Anonymous

• I'm thinking you mean Book of Shadows. I'm not wiccan. BUT, I do know that what I found most helpful for myself organizing my own scripture notes and thoughts is to move them to type so that they're easier to access and find things, like in folders on teh computer or in a private online journal with tabs for the things you want. I don't know taht it's per say helpful in the practical sense, but in the not loosing things sense it may be.. and If i'm just totally getting my nose in where it doesn't belong. SORRY. I'm real good at that!
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 6:11 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I have them in my ritual book just in case we are in the middle of a working and someone says they need to consecrate a tool or object... but I would suggest spells... I don't have a spell section in my books unless it is a handed down spell in my traditions books.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 8:04 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• When you said consecrating, I think of tools; right along with the cleansing and charging of physical items like amulets and mojo bags. I've found the tool section to be a small section if you make it it's own tab. Perhaps a subsection would be better, maybe under ritual or under spells depending on where you place rituals.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 11:07 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I have them under "housekeeping", since I associate cleaning and such with my home.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:27 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Like I have told you before, I have 2 BOS because there was just so much information that one was getting to be huge. I will eventually buy a HUGE binder and make them one, but for now I keep a "technical" and a "personal." Things like basic how toos always go in the Basics section of my Technical book and then anything I have personally written goes in the "Procedures" section of my Personal book. If I were to take on a student or if I were to share something, it's usually out of the Technical book, so that's where all the basic less personal stuff goes as apposed to the stuff I have written myself - I know it's a little OCD of me, but I can't ever toss anything away...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:24 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• don't know what a BOS is
    cris1961

Answer by cris1961 at 7:57 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Hey! Did you have the baby?!
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 2:13 PM on Dec. 23, 2010