Do you make gifts of your hand/homemade things?

I've never made anything I've felt able to gift to anyone beyond my own children. How about you? What things have you made?

[aren't creative hobbies just fabulous!]

kanga97

Asked by kanga97 at 6:09 AM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Actually, I do all the time. All my cards are handmade. And, my DD and her family get scrapbook pages that I've done throughout the year each Christmas. Which reminds me, I need to pick up a pizza box to wrap this year's pages in. LOL.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 6:18 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• i just loved doing arts and crafts with my daughter when she was little
    lolitslindsey

Answer by lolitslindsey at 6:25 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I'm not an arts and crafts person. I am not talented in that way. I wish I were and I have tried many times, but I just can't do it.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:28 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I used to be a basket maker and frequently gave those.

Answer by Bmat at 8:15 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I have given a lot of handmade stuff, mostly crocheted and cross-stitched.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:21 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Yes, I love handmade gifts. We have made candles, soaps and bath fizzes for gift baskets this year. I wish I could make the baskets too, like Bmat, but I have to cheat with those and get them from the store.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:53 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I often give food baskets. Cookie and candy platters and soup mixes, cocoa mixes, bread mixes, spices mixes, like cookies-in-a-jar, but lately, I do everything in zip-lock bags because everyone seems to like that better, since it same on space.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:57 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I'm always asked to crochet or knit an afghan for someone as a present -- I do about 4 a year since they are King Size.

emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 9:12 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I've made counted cross stitch baby quilts as gifts when I knew a close friend was going to have a baby. They are all different and unique and it really is a lot of fun. However, you need a bit of time to sew the cross stitches on a sizable baby quilt.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 7:30 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I do all sorts of crafts. The one thing I make that I have given away and I dont have any of my own are my dolls. I need to be selfish and make some for myself.
    almightycookie

Answer by almightycookie at 9:09 PM on Dec. 23, 2010