Can I take my financing with me?

We're truck shopping - and we aren't happy with the dealership we've been dealing with.
Can we move on down the road to another dealership AND take our financing with us?

We've been approved through Ally for the loan, but we don't trust the dealership - can we go to another dealership without having to go through the whole financial process again? (our credit has already been hit 13 damn times (by 2 different banks) just working with this ONE dealership).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:46 AM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Talk to Ally. Tell them you feel you are being jacked around by this dealership & want to go to a different one. See if they will work with you & the new dealership. They should NOT have a problem with it. You are they one approved for the loan, not the dealership.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 6:50 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• i'm not sure you can take your financing with you. I think you could go talk to the other dealership and ask them what they think. I mean if you really don't like the dealership or trust them then I would not buy from them. I think if you explain to the new dealership why you are going with them they may be able to help.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:51 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• If you don't trust the dealership by all means go somewhere else. You already have the loan so look somewhere else in your price range.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 6:51 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Thanks girls..... this dealership has just been getting it wrong from day one. First the salesman wrote our income wrong, told the finance dept that we would have a hard time with the down payment (not even close to true - we have cash in hand for down - plus some if we need it), wrote my husband's employer completely wrong, then told us they were going to do a "profile" BUT NOT A CREDIT CHECK -- which was a total lie ( I check my husband's credit report WEEKLY) and found the 1st hit 2 days after this "profile" was done.

So the finance manager took the deal over -- and he hasn't been any better -- called my husband and told him that he needed some stuff --- so I called to see what he needed and he tells me that my husband told him that we were gonna be there TWO DAY AGO to buy this truck that we've never even driven.

They just seem like idiots that like to tell little white lies... not trustworthy.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:58 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Talk to the dealership you want to use and if they go through Ally then yes, you can take your financing with you.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:51 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• That's horrible. Maybe, that's a sign you should keep the money in the bank. Maybe, get something that you can pay for in cash and still have money in the bank? You don't know what the market is going to do from one day to the next, but you do know how much you can count on, that monthly bill that comes around like clock work. I pitched the new car for a reliable $750. Wagon that gets 30mi. to the gallon. I am much happier.

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 3:06 PM on Dec. 23, 2010