What's your favorite Christmas memory from when you were a child?

I remember visiting all my aunts and uncles and cousins during the week after Christmas. Every night we'd all get together at someone's house, we'd have cookies and hot chocolate, and the kids would all play while the parents visited. I miss that a lot!

ceallaigh

Asked by ceallaigh at 8:59 AM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Holidays

• Laying under the tree and looking up through it, it just seemed magical to me.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:01 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• My grandfather would play Santa every year. After dinner he would say he had to go visit some friends and then a little later he would come in dressed as Santa and give us our presents. It was so much fun!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:11 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• As a small child, we lived in the hills of Eastern Kentucky. I remember my older brothers and sister waking me up and telling me what Santa brought me. Santa presents weren't wrapped. We only received one or two small things. We cut down our own tree, that was an event for us. We all went out into the woods and decided on which one to get. We made the decorations, and strung popcorn for a garland. It was great fun.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:11 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• No matter where we lived growing up we always made it home to Ohio to visit friends and family. It was so much a part of what we did that when we didn't do it any longer becasue Grandpa moved to Florida due to health reasons it didn't just quite feel like Christmas--y'know something was missing. >sigh
    ladams75

Answer by ladams75 at 10:29 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Putting extra tinsel on the tree, Christmas Eve night. My mom always did this, and let us help. It was exciting knowing Santa would soon arrive, and I liked being allowed to help with this part of the decoration. And the results were always so beautiful. :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 7:04 PM on Dec. 23, 2010