Weight gain tips?

I am loosing all my weight, I seriously look like a skeleton with skin! I eat alot but dont gain a pound...Is there anything that I can drink or take that will add weight/fat? Please I am starting to get desperate, I hate my body people ask if I am anerexic but really am far from it! Any suggestions?

Thanks everyone for your answers! I appreciate them all!... Mymestey, your answer is very helpful and it is nice knowing that it's coming from someone who has been through it too! Oh and yes, butt and boobs I have none at all lol, it's pretty sad! I even have two pretty big holes in my chest where most women have clevage :( You can see every bone in my body perfectly which is not nice at all! :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Health

• well i have the same issue. Im fine now but stress has cause me in the past to look sick. But even now I want to way 5 to 10lbs more for a healthier look. Before forcing more food in your stomach remember that stree is a big factor. If u have any health conditions or take any meds. If this is a more serious case than just being small see your doctor. Food wise dont lote up on junk food to gain weight cause us small people can get bad cholesterol just as easy as anyone else. If u eat meat load up on the good kind. Fish,chicken, and Turkey (instead of beef). Try some smoothies in the morning b 4 breakfast. Avoid ingredients that supress your appetite. Add protein but be careful and make sure u are staying active when loading up on protein cause it will cause unwanted weight gain. But if u add more protien and healthy fatty foods and excercise it will help u gain muslce which will make u way more. Plus protect your bones which I
    mymestey

Answer by mymestey at 9:12 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• If you have been losing weight recently and can't keep weight on then I would consider going to the DR. As far as what you can eat, I know when my son was younger and needed to gain weight the DR said he should eat things like ice cream and peanut butter.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:07 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Yes, I have LOTS of tips for weight gain. lol Actually there are drinks out there that you can buy full of calories and nutrients, but for the life of me I can't remember what it is called. They come in cans and can usually be found with the slim fast drinks and such, at least I think that is where they are. Maybe someone else can give you more info. Good luck:)
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:10 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• imagine may be small due to your body type. Plus I think when weight loss accurs do to stress the muscle/ muscle weight doesnt fall off as easy. Dont skip meals and eat in between. I get so busy that I wont think to stop and eat lunch so I have to remind myself inorder to keep my weight up. Also if your like me when u lose weight the 1st things to go is your butt and boobs along w in the face. So get some muscles and keep eating and excercising to get your womanly shape back. If you tone up(u may already be just saying) your butt and chest wont be effected so drastically when the unexpected/uncontrolled weight loss accurs. Go to Webmd.com get your BMI done. Its will tell u if your weight is low,norm,high for your height and age. U may be at the right weight but on the low end. Plus while there look up professional advice for healthy weight gain. But do talk to a doctor for help and concerns. GL
    mymestey

Answer by mymestey at 9:20 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• If you are inexplicably losing a lot of weight then you need to see a doctor because it is a symptom of something more seriously wrong.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:21 AM on Dec. 23, 2010