Have you ever given a gift to someone on cafe mom during the holidays?

I once gave a gift card to a lady that did not have a coat. I wish I could send her another one but she is no longer on cafe mom. Has anyone done this during the holidays?

mamacita69930

Asked by mamacita69930 at 9:08 AM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think that it's sad that people would assume "scam". Although it may be true at times, I'd rather inadvertently give to a scammer than to know that someone is doing without and I could have done something about it.
    As far as those who qualify for help through agencies and schools? These are usually the families that are already getting assistance. They are often getting assistance from many sources. And they often have much more than working families who are not getting assistance. I hesitate to give through these channels because I do know how these channels work and how very much these families are often already getting in holiday (and other) assistance.
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 9:21 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I wish I could. I know of a wonderful woman who totally goes without many needed items, including groceries and medicine, because there is not enough money to pay the bills. If I could afford to, I would send her a gift. She helps many but does without so very much.
    errantmommy

Answer by errantmommy at 9:11 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Yep, I've done gift exchanges on here before, and once sent some of DS's old toys to a mom who was collecting for some charity
    Groovyflor1

Answer by Groovyflor1 at 12:28 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• There are scammers here too, don't be fooled. But I totally agree that so many times the people who are getting help are getting it from a lot of places and have much more than many people.
    caseyandkids

Answer by caseyandkids at 9:29 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Not gifts, but I have sent out a few Christmas cards to some of the moms I have gotten to know on here.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:34 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I never have and didn't realize other people did. I didn't even know others sent cards. That's really nice.
    booksandhooks

Answer by booksandhooks at 10:22 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I have a few close friends on here and do send presents through out the year. Christmas not so much because we have so much to do. I send random gifts.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:45 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Not for that reason I wouldn't, because it's the internet, you never know if someone is scamming you. I do donate to needy families in my area. At the elementary school they collect gently used clothing, and let the parents pick out an outfit for their children. They give parents a gift card to ToysRUs, so that way they can only buy for children, and they give them a food basket. I belong to a community group that gices money there. We can see the need, and it's real.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:16 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Gacck I totally agree! Just yesterday there was a huge fire and a 100 families lost their homes in the next town over. A lot people are gving blankets, clothes and toys away. I was a vicitim of Identity theft years ago and believe me I know the scammers out there but on cafe mom I highly doubt it. In fact it was a post about a slutty girl at my son's old school that would show up in her juicy with out a coat and then the lady said she did not have one and that she had to worry about her 5 kids having a coat to go to school and not her.
    mamacita69930

Comment by mamacita69930 (original poster) at 9:27 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• yes, bdays too
    Tnamari

Answer by Tnamari at 9:36 AM on Dec. 23, 2010