What do you do to try to not overindulge during this time of year, with so many goodies available.

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 9:29 AM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Health

• I have customers....and they give me LOTS of goodies at Christmas time. My dd and I started Weight watchers in November and we are starting to loose weight. That is so motivating for me and I cheerfully turn a box of candy over to the breakroom table at work for all to enjoy. Previous years, I would eat the whole box of candy myself. Also previous years I didnt have a plan. Now, I bring veggie soup to work, it has zero points on the plan. I can eat two bowls of this ymmy stuff and not gain anything. Or chili, or spaghetti. If I have a plan Im less likely to snack on whatever comes my way. I hope this helped, its been an interesting holiday season this year. Hoping to fit in to my skinny jeans for New Years Eve! lol

beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:06 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• chocolate
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 9:30 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I try to have a very little sample of the goo stuff. I may just break off a piece of a cookie or get a few small goodies and share with hubby. I try not to nibble as I walk by. I sit down, try it and then i'm done with it.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:43 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I think about how hard I've worked to lose as much weight as I have and how that goodie may taste good for the 30 seconds it takes to eat it, but how long and hard I will have to work out just to burn off those calories. It's never really worth it to me. I will allow myself a couple of very small indulgences, but that's it. I just don't want to undo all my hard work, and that's enough for me.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 10:07 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• if i don't have it, i don't eat it lol. there's not that much candy, cakes or cookies around.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 10:49 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I allow myself to indulge once in awhile, but not go crazy. I buy the food and bake, so I'm able to control what I want to be tempted by.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:35 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• i'm not a sweet tooth, but i do have some self control... it's not that hard to "just say no"
    asil

Answer by asil at 8:35 PM on Dec. 23, 2010