How do you keep up with exercise when the weather is bad and it's to miserable to be outside?

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 9:31 AM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Health

• Get a wii and then get the wii fit! all indoors and fun and really works. I felt pains in spots I didnt know I was working out. The excercises seem so easy but u feel the burn the next day and for me I was able to see my legs toning w in 2 weeks but im small and younger so results will very. But very fon. Its tracks ur progress, calories, weight and activities. U can set goals choose excercises based on target area plus each day u turn it on it offers a balance test to show ur improvement cause all the games and excercises shows a target mark to teach u to properly balance while standing,walking and excercising and balance makes a huge difference! Plus my kids love it!
    mymestey

Answer by mymestey at 9:39 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I have an elliptical that I use. (Ok, that I should use, I think it's a little dusty ...)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:36 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I have Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and I recently got a treadmill because I live in a cold climate. A few workout videos would work!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:44 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I have several workout DVDs that I really enjoy (the Turbo Jams are my very favorites) . Also, my cable company has an exercise menu in the OnDemand feature with about 50 different workouts. I never run out of indoor exercise routines.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 10:05 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I NEVER go outside to exercise lol (unless you count walking about a mile when I'm at the college). I always stay inside and do yoga, pilates, or belly dance videos. I LOVE those. TGFNF (Thank God For Netflix).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:46 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I have a treadmill, and I have some Zumba DVDs as well as some Leslie Sanson Walk away the Pounds DVDs. We also have On Demand which has a lot of different workouts.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 12:51 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• i have a 2 and 3 year old, and another on the way in 3 weeks... i get lots of indoor exercise chasing them around... but i do work at the local YMCA and get lots of time to walk and work out that way... we also try to find "other" ways to exercise... walking through the mall (or our Walmart for that matter) can take an hour and get your heart going... i try to make cleaning an exercise... skip the mop and get on your hands and knees and scrub... it may be "harder" but it's a work out! that's for sure!
    asil

Answer by asil at 8:34 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• We have a Wii Fit, an elliptical (which I love) and my DH just bought a Bowflex machine, so we have lots of options for indoor exercise. For outdoor exercise, there's the two dogs that need to be walked ( (rain, snow, sleet, whatever).
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 8:49 PM on Dec. 23, 2010