what do you do to keep kids in bed until morning on christmas eve?

my kids ages 6,10 and 11 are horrbile...they wont settle down and then they start waking up and peeking and waking sleeping siblings on and off for hours...makes momma bear a grump. any idea on how to keep kids in bed on christmas eve?

stargazer74

Asked by stargazer74 at 9:31 AM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We have the kids all go to bed at 10 on Christmas Eve (The older ones can stay up and play video games, but they have to stay in their room); and our rule for the morning is that it has to be light outside before they can get up. (They are 3, 11, 13, 13, 15). They are pretty good about following the rules. :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:35 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I would say you have to stay in your room until 6 am.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:41 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• For the past 2 years we have started the tradition where after Christmas Eve at Uncles the 2 older boys (now 14, 12) spend the night with Grandpa and he will drop them off at Grandmas on Christmas Day. My dad suggested this and it seems to work out well! (holiday mornings were HELL - my oldest is ASD and would have horrific meltdowns!). The youngest (4 yrs) comes home from Christmas Eve at Uncles with hubs and I and he is good about going to bed and sleeping all night. All of the presents are already at Grandmas for Christmas Day-- and get opened when everyone is there.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:46 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• We go to the midnight mass on Christams Eve. So i don't usually have trouble getting them to sleep to atleast 6 am.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 9:58 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Well when I was a kid, we would start getting up before midnight, and fight over whose turn it was to wake mama up. My kids havent gotten up early like this yet, but when they do it will make me happy. I always feel like they arent as excited as I was as a kid, and that makes me sad. I hope they wake me up at 1!!
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 9:59 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• If you get up- Santa won't come...
    worked for us and we would watch the thing online where it shows how close he is(the Santa tracker thing)-and when he got to the US we went them to bed!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:01 AM on Dec. 23, 2010